Hometown friends mom

Good afternoon folks. Got a call while ago from a girl I went to high school with back home. Her mom of 76 years old is in hospital again. Has congestive heart failure and blood psi is really low. Not looking good, but I have hope. Being a lifelong smoker and very heavy drinker doesn’t help. The girl/friend, Colleen was a smoker but after she heard bout my aunt having open heart surgery she quit smoking and drinking cold turkey. Please keep her mom in your thoughts and prayers. God bless all of you 😍🇺🇸🇨🇦💙🤍❤️

Good afternoon folks. Got a call while ago from a girl I went to high school with back home. Her mom of 76 years old is in hospital again. Has congestive heart failure and blood psi is really low. Not looking good, but I have hope. Being a lifelong smoker and very heavy drinker doesn’t help. The girl/friend, Colleen was a smoker but after she heard bout my aunt having open heart surgery she quit smoking and drinking cold turkey. Please keep her mom in your thoughts and prayers. God bless all of you 😍🇺🇸🇨🇦💙🤍❤️
🙏

No offense? Really? Thats like saying it's not personal, it's business right before somebody puts a bullet in the back of your skull. What a jerk thing to say.
Well, he has ZERO room to talk; posting pics of his “wife” with face blurred out and saying he’s “well off”. Karma sucks someday he will see how bad it does.

Well, he has ZERO room to talk; posting pics of his “wife” with face blurred out and saying he’s “well off”. Karma sucks someday he will see how bad it does.
I just try to ignore internet a holes like that. My mom went thru a prolonged disease that eventually caused her to pass, so I know first hand what its like. I hope and pray nobody has to ever go thru something like that alone.

Last edited:
I’m sorry for the pain that everyone is going through in this situation. Prayers sent.

This thread went off the rails with a cold-hearted, rude, and frankly disappointing, post.

This truly is a case where if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.

I’m sorry for the pain that everyone is going through in this situation. Prayers sent.

This thread went off the rails with a cold-hearted, rude, and frankly disappointing, post.

This truly is a case where if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.

Absolutely. The tone-deaf nature of that post was utterly appalling, it's nice to see it has been removed.

With regard to the removed post, every one of those deaths (per the CDC, > 2.9 M in the US in 2020) was a tragedy for someone.

Way too much bad news in the past few months, and it's getting overwhelming. (Friend who returned to India a year ago died a couple of weeks ago at 40 from COVID, good friend here just diagnosed with Stage 3 cancer, good neighbours' brother/brother-in-law died in his 40s just a couple of days ago, another good friend's wife's stepmother just diagnosed with pancreatic CA, another friend's wife and mother both dead of CA just a few weeks apart, old friend's sister dead of breast cancer a couple of months ago, it just goes on and on ...)

Adam, prayers sent for your friend's mother!

Well, I heard from friend this morning. Her mom is somewhat OK for now. It’s going to be tough and day to day. My friend is to say least a bit of a wreck. I was planning to head up to where she lives (St. Mary’s pa for nature hike and exploring) until this hit. All I can do is keep praying and stay positive ❤️💙🇺🇸🇨🇦

This stuff always unsuccessfully reminds me to "live in the day". Just turned 65 this spring and I still struggle, even after having studied mindfulness ideas a few years ago.

Good of you to provide support for your friend and her family. Stay mindful!

Back