My 2023 Ford Maverick still hasn’t arrived at dealer.

This (same day) is when you should have contacted the dealer and requested the VIN and added money for a down payment.

If no money was required when ordering this Maverick, then why should the dealership be required to hold it for you, when customers are lining-up to buy that Maverick - when it arrives and with a down payment.
I'm sure the dealers would never sign a contract that actually binds them to do anything for a customer, as probably ford doesn't sign any contracts that require them to do anything for a dealer either...
But in real business, a contract for a product or service would be binding, with penalties for either party for not meeting their requirements. You can be sure a fleet contract with a major rental company doesn't allow the manufacturer to just pretend it didn't happen if production is delayed, or its not profitable anymore....
Maybe there's enough disgruntled potential Maverick buyers to get some lawyers involved and help change the car industry's ridiculous business practices to something half respectable for the general public...

That is why you should not give companies money to "pre-order" anything. All this pre-ordering made them lazy and greedy.
Yeah, my buddy has $500 down on a 23 Camaro, since Dec. 2022... Not that it matters much to him, but I'm pretty sure he'll never see the car, or the $500 unless he reminds the dealer about it...

This (same day) is when you should have contacted the dealer and requested the VIN and added money for a down payment.

If no money was required when ordering this Maverick, then why should the dealership be required to hold it for you, when customers are lining-up to buy that Maverick - when it arrives and with a down payment.
I had the window sticker since the day it was built.

IMG_5324.jpg

BTW> I put 0 down when I ordered my Maverick. No dealer should ask for $ down. It's not like they won't be able to sell it if the buyer backs out.

To update everyone. The 2023 Maverick I ordered is still sitting in Kansas City, 5 months after it was shipped. The tracker shows it might show up by March 20th.
I wouldn't wait on that.
I did the same in the first order days and my Lariat never showed up..
I'm sure the dealer got it and marked it up $10k.
I just walked up on a lot and drove mine home at msrp with a few goodies thrown in.

To update everyone. The 2023 Maverick I ordered is still sitting in Kansas City, 5 months after it was shipped. The tracker shows it might show up by March 20th.
Thing is, do you know the ground truth on why? You speculated (I think) that it was damaged. Could be shortages of parts. Or who knows what.

Good luck with it working out… or something else. Should have kept your 9-3!

My parents had an 80 Fairmont. Sold it by 85. Was the last Ford they owned…

Those were some bleak years for domestics for sure. My boy scout leader had a Granada, it was actually a comfortable car, no idea if it was reliable or not. The Futura came out around this same time, I think they went the wrong direction if that was possible.

OP between lot rot, possible damage and just all-around incompetence in getting you your Maverick, I think you need to bail on that one.

Ordered in August 2022. Just the fact that it's a 2023 in 2024 I'd walk unless they dropped the price in a big way. I'd let someone else pay up for it.

No. The tracker shows by March 20th. They don’t even update it anymore. It’s coming on 7 months since it was shipped. The dealer blames Ford, Ford says contact your dealer.

The reason I order vehicles from the factory is because I don't want one that sat for months somewhere, possibly being moved a couple of yards now and then. This defeats the purpose. Nothing good comes from it, but maybe nothing bad either.

For me it has so far always paid off, ordered the Alfa romeo (the previous diesel) on jan 3, it was made on feb 15 useing largely feb 14 parts, and was at the dealership at feb 25.

Those were some bleak years for domestics for sure. My boy scout leader had a Granada, it was actually a comfortable car, no idea if it was reliable or not. The Futura came out around this same time, I think they went the wrong direction if that was possible.

OP between lot rot, possible damage and just all-around incompetence in getting you your Maverick, I think you need to bail on that one.

My in laws bought one of the new Ford Granadas when the first became available. I think they got rid of it as soon as it went out of warranty. I dont recall all the reasons why, yet I do remember it seemed like they had it at the dealership all the time. I do know the paint started peeling off the hood , the roof and the rear deck lid pretty quick. The Granada was one of Ford's modern disasters about as bad as the troubled Ford Edsels no one wanted. Massive quality issues visited the buyer with both of those Fords.

During the malaise period of around 1980 I owned a 1979 Granada 2 door with the 250 I-6. Very comfortable car that was fairly frugal. Mine had transmission issues but the dealer did take care of it. Drove it for 4 years.

Sold to buy a hot rod 1968 Cutlass. The only car I ever had that would break the tires loose at 55 mph.

During the malaise period of around 1980 I owned a 1979 Granada 2 door with the 250 I-6. Very comfortable car that was fairly frugal. Mine had transmission issues but the dealer did take care of it. Drove it for 4 years.

Sold to buy a hot rod 1968 Cutlass. The only car I ever had that would break the tires loose at 55 mph.

(y)

Back