My 2023 Ford Maverick still hasn’t arrived at dealer.

They launched at $19,995 for a base hybrid

Most cars are trying to push $50k
Yes, many recalls but who doesn't these days.
I bought a 22 XL hybrid with a few accessories for $26200 out the door. I'm averaging over 42 mpg since then.

Just finished a 100 mile roundtrip and averaged 39 mpg uphill and 55 coming home. Longterm reliability is a question mark.

Yes, many recalls but who doesn't these days.
I bought a 22 XL hybrid with a few accessories for $26200 out the door. I'm averaging over 42 mpg since then.

Just finished a 100 mile roundtrip and averaged 39 mpg uphill and 55 coming home. Longterm reliability is a question mark.
The hybrid engine is not heavily stressed, with a little maintenance I suspect it will last a long time. I have had a couple of Ford hybrids, including the C=Max. That was a wonderful car never any problems. The transmission is gear driven, as opposed to a normal CVT. My son has an Audi Q5, nice but just another SUV, just like millions of others. The Maverick on the other hand is quite unique.

Why are people so nuts over these Maverick's? Am I missing something?

Given Ford's recent track record RE: recalls (including several on the Mav'), I'd be running away from not only that dealership but Ford as a whole.
I view the Maverick up there with the Honda Ridgeline..... they are not real trucks. Just look at Marvricks tow ratings, and NO 4wd, but it is AWD. Which is fine and very capable for most people. I still would like a 4Lo with locker options.

My employer ordered four or five base-model Mavericks; we've only gotten in two of them, and they came months apart. They are total base-model strippers, so I think they must be making them at a rate of about one per quarter.

Go elsewhere. I do see them at dealerships in passing, but I don’t actively search them out either. A base model might be harder to come by though. I see they have a Tremor now? Oh my… lol.

I’m trying to like the platform as it’s the perfect vehicle for me. CVT and the normally FWD is a turn off. I wish there was a RWD with 4WD option.

This purchase was worth the money spent to me. The only caveat I have for prospective buyers is to resist (and run away) from any greedy Ford dealership trying trying to pad their pockets with exorbitant additional MSRP fees. Some have added as much as an additional $10,000.

Like the previous YouTube video, I have been seeing 44-46 mpg. Can go as high as low 50’s in city bumper to bumper traffic.

My 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid had the same 2.5L engine was run to 205,000 miles. I am expecting to do at least the same on this truck.

I view the Maverick up there with the Honda Ridgeline..... they are not real trucks. Just look at Marvricks tow ratings, and NO 4wd, but it is AWD. Which is fine and very capable for most people. I still would like a 4Lo with locker options.
They're still in launch mode for the platform. Maybe in four years when they're about to freshen the body style they'll come out with a "Maverick Renegade" or whatever.

I purchased a Maverick Lariat Hybrid and love the fuel mileage. I purchased from a young couple that ordered it, and it was a year old 13,000 miles. They had a asking price I made a offer and they accepted. There have been some recalls I have had 3 done. Sold a 1991 Ranger I had for 32 years to the first person to look at it it was in very good shape. Averaging 40 to 43 mpg!

They are reasonably priced.
For $27K I have a PERFECT urban runaround. It is a '22 XLT with Luxury Pkg. Other than being stuck with a keyed ignition, I have a very functional and liveable vehicle. Today on a 45 mile urban excursion with temps in the low 30's and a mix of driving from interstate to urban crawl, the truck produced a 39+ MPG for the day. Pretty good for winter when the hybrid pack is being heated by the cooling system. Oh forgot, it is a darn comfortable vehicle.

A pic of the truck doing truck things yesterday,
20240103_140330.jpg
20240103_140337.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Maverick. It's an AWD with 5k tow that gets 28 mpg. I have less than $25 k in it. There's a dealer in Iowa that's selling them under MSRP. It's decently comfortable and quiet and thousands less than the average new car. With 17k miles it's worth more than I paid for it. It's a win win. If a guy wants one he should get on the forums and find a good dealer.

I see a lot of folks with internet anonymity talking trash, saying Ford doesn't want to make them, etc. Bah humbug. For one thing the chip shortage is a fact, for another they never dreamed the Maverick would be so popular. I will say it was poor planning. I ordered mine August 2022; got a serial# Sept. '23, shipped October from Hermasillo, MX. Absolutely love the little critter, while it is somewhat basic it has all the goodies I need.
They knew that it would be very popular. They do market research and focus group before they decide to even build a vehicle.

Back in 70s Ford Maverick is a 2 door sports sedan. Was wondering why did Ford re-incarnate this name and turn it into a Pick-up truck?

Last edited:
Didn't you cancel this order at least once?

Didn't 2024s effectively go up in price on most configurations? Do they have a 24 in similar configuration? Have you asked them if you can have it?

If you're not going to take delivery stop worrying about it, if you might want it - Samus might be on the right track.

Back