My 2023 Ford Maverick still hasn’t arrived at dealer.

I cancelled the 2022 Ecoboost I ordered. This one was the Hybrid. They keep going up in price, the 2024 Hybrid XL is $6K more then the 2022.

I cancelled the 2022 Ecoboost I ordered. This one was the Hybrid. They keep going up in price, the 2024 Hybrid XL is $6K more then the 2022.
Ouch, any used options?

Have you considered any other small trucks? I tried the new GMC Canyon, it is a great truck. No hybrid but it is a great improvement compared to the outgoing model.

Still under $28,000 not so bad for a more versatile vehicle . Corolla Cross hybrid , Camry hybrid , Rav hybrid and other hybrids from Toyota run in same price range . Also pertains to other hybrid vehicles from other manufacturers .

Let me guess, the dealer starts with "Long"?

I ordered my '22 XLT AWD in my home town in Dec '21. I thought it was bad that I received it in Dec '22. I've been pleased with it, and driving trouble-free for over a year, and 14k miles. I've moved my parents 2x, daughter to college, etc. It's been "handy".

Let me guess, the dealer starts with "Long"?

I ordered my '22 XLT AWD in my home town in Dec '21. I thought it was bad that I received it in Dec '22. I've been pleased with it, and driving trouble-free for over a year, and 14k miles. I've moved my parents 2x, daughter to college, etc. It's been "handy".
Yes

I refuse to call them. They should be calling me. This has been the same response from the internet manager for well over a month.

IMG_0345.jpg

If I ordered a $19,999 car under a contract for that price, and 2 years later it wasn’t built and canceling my order would cost an extra $5000+ I would be a little POd also
That’s why asked if this was just to vent. He said he’s not reaching out to the dealer about the Maverick so what now, continue waiting indefinitely?

So what is the point of this thread, just to vent? Go get a 2024 in stock and cancel your order.
Yes, I’m venting. So I should go try to find a 2024 and pay anywhere from $2500 to $5000 more then the 2023 model?

Or maybe call or directly e-mail and see if you can figure out what's going on and can you work out any accommodation on your order.

I get that they should call you, but refusing to call is the equivalent of a hunger strike... everyone else goes about their day and you go hungry... :unsure:

My post up top was on the Maverick forum, that guy is the internet manager at that dealer. He is responsible for all the 800 Maverick orders last year. I contacted him multiple times on that forum, he knows I have ordered that truck, and his response is the same every time.

He and his dealer gambled on their 2023 Maverick allocations and lost big time with their 800 orders. They should’ve never accepted half of those orders.

My post up top was on the Maverick forum, that guy is the internet manager at that dealer. He is responsible for all the 800 Maverick orders last year. I contacted him multiple times on that forum, he knows I have ordered that truck, and his response is the same every time.

He and his dealer gambled on their 2023 Maverick allocations and lost big time with their 800 orders. They should’ve never accepted half of those orders.
It looks like you did the gambling and lost $2,500 to $5,000 per your post. If the truck shows up, it’s already 6 months old or more when you get it. The dealer didn’t lose anything.

Teach them a lesson they MIGHT remember? You should go in and see the Manager. Inquire about your order and let him squirm and lie to you. Then tell him where to put the truck + your order since he has none of your money. Do they deserve your business after treating you like your order/purchase means nothing to them?
A well-adjusted person would not do that 😕 Do you actually not understand that the dealer doesn’t run the factory? And that the dealer is an independent company, not even a part of Ford Motor Company?

The truck was built and shipped on Oct 7th. It arrived in Kansas City at the Railyard/Port facility less than two weeks later.
This (same day) is when you should have contacted the dealer and requested the VIN and added money for a down payment.

If no money was required when ordering this Maverick, then why should the dealership be required to hold it for you, when customers are lining-up to buy that Maverick - when it arrives and with a down payment.

Since you haven't given them any money, give them the same treatment they gave you and just walk away. Find something you want to buy, and buy it, and if someday they call to tell you your Maverick is in, laugh out loud through the phone. People have been kissing their butts for 2 years clamoring for these vehicles. Give them something they don't expect... Indifference.

Back