Movies that you like, but others don't.

In the light of these recent movie threads why not highlight some hidden gems that deserve more recognition than they get? Do you have any favorite movies (hidden gems) that are misunderstood and disliked by majority of the public? I'll start.

1) When movie "Drive" came out in 2011, I got excited about it and watched it with a group of friends. None of them enjoyed it as much as I did. Re-watched it recently and enjoyed it just as much as I did back in 2011.

2) This one is a masterpiece in my opinion (in its own unique way), special thanks to whoever picked out the music for it. "Hardcore Henry" from 2015. Out of all my friends only 1 liked it as much as I did. Rest just absolutely hated it. Still don't understand why though... It was a cool idea to see the movie through the eyes of the main character. While weird at times - it is a sci-fi action movie. So no - it's not gonna follow the laws of physics and such... But even when I re-watched it, it still kept me on the edge of the seat.

What are your personal favorites, that are not exactly as widely accepted as you think they should be?

RV. I tortured my parents and sister with it as a kid by making them watch it just about every night just like SpongeBob haha. They don’t like it anymore and after about 10 nights of watching it my sister scratched the disk. Luckily I have since bought 3 more copies one for each room haha. Nowadays you can’t even find the movie in stores. I also like The Most Dangerous Game from 1932 I haven’t found anyone that liked it because they thought it was creepy or they just haven’t seen it. Nosferatu is also another classic I like but can’t find anyone else that does.

Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

My all-time favorite movie, but folks seem to either love it or really don't. One of a very few movies that always puts me in a good mood.

" No thank you, Delmar. One third of a gopher would only arouse my appetite without bedding it down."
Seems like any movie with this line is a winner:

You boys are as dumb as a bag of hammers

Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

My all-time favorite movie, but folks seem to either love it or really don't. One of a very few movies that always puts me in a good mood.

" No thank you, Delmar. One third of a gopher would only arouse my appetite without bedding it down."
My late Dad had not been to a movie theatre in years. I picked him up one day and told him he needed to get out the house. I did not tell him where we were going. When we pulled up to the movie theatre he moaned. Well he had the time of his life and enjoyed every minute of that movie. He told everyone about it. I just knew he would get a kick out of it as he grew up on a farm in the years the movie was set in.

Two Johnny Depp movies I feel could fit this thread:

2. I'm sorry, i liked this movie as a kid, it is a tearjerker.. watched it again as an adult and it is really good. Really well done. And that lawn.

Even has Pam Bundy before the surgery ;)

My late Dad had not been to a movie theatre in years. I picked him up one day and told him he needed to get out the house. I did not tell him where we were going. When we pulled up to the movie theatre he moaned. Well he had the time of his life and enjoyed every minute of that movie. He told everyone about it. I just knew he would get a kick out of it as he grew up on a farm in the years the movie was set in.
"He turned into a horny toad."

That movie was fuuuuunyyyyy!!!

Back