Movies that you like, but others don't.

In the light of these recent movie threads why not highlight some hidden gems that deserve more recognition than they get? Do you have any favorite movies (hidden gems) that are misunderstood and disliked by majority of the public? I'll start.

1) When movie "Drive" came out in 2011, I got excited about it and watched it with a group of friends. None of them enjoyed it as much as I did. Re-watched it recently and enjoyed it just as much as I did back in 2011.

2) This one is a masterpiece in my opinion (in its own unique way), special thanks to whoever picked out the music for it. "Hardcore Henry" from 2015. Out of all my friends only 1 liked it as much as I did. Rest just absolutely hated it. Still don't understand why though... It was a cool idea to see the movie through the eyes of the main character. While weird at times - it is a sci-fi action movie. So no - it's not gonna follow the laws of physics and such... But even when I re-watched it, it still kept me on the edge of the seat.

What are your personal favorites, that are not exactly as widely accepted as you think they should be?

Last edited:
"Absolute Beginners" (1983-4?). An English love story set in "60's rock 'n roll London. Great soundtrack.
Half the people LOVE it and the other half are Cretans.

NOTE: Sade's last name is used in the credits. She has a solo number in the film.
David Bowie, Ray Davies and many others make this singular movie one of the best ever made.
Truly a hidden gem.
It gets stellar points for being original ALONE.

The Commitments. 1991. What happens when a band almost makes it, but doesn’t.

CB89CC6C-C7CE-4BB5-B822-6C8375361E7E.png

The Warriors.
Evidently the whole movie is available on YouTube.
Happy watching, boppers.

And Kill Or Be Killed.
Excellent 70's martial arts...

Last edited:
Back