Movies you liked as a kid but disappointing as adult?

I could watch anything with Diane Lane...that hasn't changed as I got older...
Had to google her--
Who is Diane Lane?

American actress Diane Lane (born January 22, 1965) has appeared in several notable films, including the 2002 film Unfaithful, which earned her Satellite, New York Film Critics Circle, and National Society of Film Critics awards for Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama).

Diane Lane won her first part for acting in a theater. She later became a member of the ‘La Mama Repertory Troupe’. Diane Lane appeared in the 1979 movie ‘A Little Romance’. Diane Lane was loved by many people including the critics for that role. Her appearance on the cover of ‘Time’, profiled her as a rising star in Hollywood. Diane Lane wanted to become a model when she was a teenager. But she later moved to the acting job instead. Diane Lane was always keen to attend the show business since her childhood. Today, Diane Lane has become one of the recurring faces in Hollywood due to her involvement in numerous movies and television series.

Diane Lane was cast in other numerous movies after the event. Some of the movies include ‘The Outsiders’, ‘Rumble Fish’, ‘The Cotton Club’, ‘Chaplin’, ‘Judge Dredd’, ‘Jack’ and many others. In 2004, Diane Lane was voted one of ‘World’s Most Desirable Women’. Diane Lane has mentioned that some of her acting influences are Jane Fonda, Shirley MacLaine, Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon. Diane Lane was a multimillionaire by the time she was 18 years old. Owning 61 credits as an actress for numerous movies and television series. ‘Touched by Love’, ‘Rumble Fish’, ’Six Pack’, ‘Vital Signs’, ‘Night Moves’, ‘Indian Summer’, ‘Wild Bill’, ‘Mad Dog Time’ are some of the projects that she has been involved in during her career.
9076-diane-lane-2560x1600-celebrity-wallpaper-1536x960.jpg

Had to google her--
Who is Diane Lane?

American actress Diane Lane (born January 22, 1965) has appeared in several notable films, including the 2002 film Unfaithful, which earned her Satellite, New York Film Critics Circle, and National Society of Film Critics awards for Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama).

Diane Lane won her first part for acting in a theater. She later became a member of the ‘La Mama Repertory Troupe’. Diane Lane appeared in the 1979 movie ‘A Little Romance’. Diane Lane was loved by many people including the critics for that role. Her appearance on the cover of ‘Time’, profiled her as a rising star in Hollywood. Diane Lane wanted to become a model when she was a teenager. But she later moved to the acting job instead. Diane Lane was always keen to attend the show business since her childhood. Today, Diane Lane has become one of the recurring faces in Hollywood due to her involvement in numerous movies and television series.

Diane Lane was cast in other numerous movies after the event. Some of the movies include ‘The Outsiders’, ‘Rumble Fish’, ‘The Cotton Club’, ‘Chaplin’, ‘Judge Dredd’, ‘Jack’ and many others. In 2004, Diane Lane was voted one of ‘World’s Most Desirable Women’. Diane Lane has mentioned that some of her acting influences are Jane Fonda, Shirley MacLaine, Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon. Diane Lane was a multimillionaire by the time she was 18 years old. Owning 61 credits as an actress for numerous movies and television series. ‘Touched by Love’, ‘Rumble Fish’, ’Six Pack’, ‘Vital Signs’, ‘Night Moves’, ‘Indian Summer’, ‘Wild Bill’, ‘Mad Dog Time’ are some of the projects that she has been involved in during her career.
View attachment 81660
I didn't know who that was either, thank you for doing a quick search.

I am sure there are a whole slew of movies you enjoyed when younger that just don't anymore with age. Disney movies could be an example. Once magical and perfect.. now a cartoon for kids..

2001: A Space Odyssey

Epic and magical to this young space nerd in 1970. I read the book shortly afterwards to try to understand it. That understanding only lasted a few weeks.

Rented it for my boys about 20 years ago. They laughed at it, and I had to admit it had not aged well.

I reread the book just a few months ago, and it's still hard to follow.

Last edited:
While I haven't seen any episodes for a long time I'm sure if I were to watch the Red Green show it wouldn't seem near as funny.

I remember watching a lot of westerns with my dad and thought they were really cool as a kid but as an adult not so much.

Smokey & the Bandit
Saturday Night Fever
The Breakfast Club
Purple Rain
Christine
Blue Lagoon
Footloose
There is a 90 minute special called The Bandit made by CMT some years back about the director (Hal Needham) and the story of the making of Smokey & The bandit. I tapped it to a DvD off live television. It is a neat documentary explaining how all those people got together. From Burt Reynolds to Sally Fields to Jerry Reed , Jackie Gleason etc.... all came together to make a movie with a such very poor story line that still managed to break almost every single box office ticket selling / showing and attendence + money making goffy comedy films of all time. It made several people filthy rich.

Sound of Music, most James Bond stuff, I though they were cool when I was young and then when I got older (around 30-40) I notice they don't make sense and finally concluded that they are just propaganda like other obvious propaganda movies, except bigger budgets. I hate to say this but Austin Powers are actually better movies.

Matrix to me is about special effect and the plot was really not that great (1st was not bad, 2nd and 3rd were just cheesy), at least the wire fu and gun fight were not bad. Ghost Busters were actually pretty good then and still now (not the remake, the original).

The Star War series were never something I was into so I don't think it was "didn't age well" to me.

Last edited:
Had this discussion with some coworkers yesterday. I remember the NYE specials years ago being pretty good. They are really bad now. Did my parents feel the same way? I know they loved Guy Lombardo and watched that when I was a kid. Now the specials are just silliness and music acts that I've never heard of and don't like. Did I just age out or do they stink?

Had this discussion with some coworkers yesterday. I remember the NYE specials years ago being pretty good. They are really bad now. Did my parents feel the same way? I know they loved Guy Lombardo and watched that when I was a kid. Now the specials are just silliness and music acts that I've never heard of and don't like. Did I just age out or do they stink?
They stink.

Yet another reason I don't watch TV, nor pay for any TV as I don't watch.. garbage..

Had to google her--
Who is Diane Lane?

View attachment 81660
You guys know she was a feature star in the television mini series Lonesome Dove. She was so very young in that one I was shocked when I realized that it was her in there. She was baby faced and a blonde for that part she performed mostly aside Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones.

You guys know she was a feature star in the television mini series Lonesome Dove. She was so very young in that one I was shocked when I realized that it was her in there. She was baby faced and a blonde for that part she performed mostly aside Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones.
In my 20s, I had a crush on Jessica Biel, particularly from the movie Next (which was a pretty good movie, I have my own criterion for determining what I call in a movie good and Next checked off all the right boxes. Driver with Ryan Gosling really didn't, for comparison, the difference is in the execution.)

Wow, she was just smokin hot.

jbielnext.jpg

Elvis movies. Parents were fans and young me happily watched with them, but after not seeing one for 40+ years....he was not the best actor and the movies were pretty bad, even for their intent as I don't think anyone involved expected Academy Awards :) Even tried watching one a while back, just couldn't...

Elvis movies. Parents were fans and young me happily watched with them, but after not seeing one for 40+ years....he was not the best actor and the movies were pretty bad, even for their intent as I don't think anyone involved expected Academy Awards :) Even tried watching one a while back, just couldn't...
As an aside, having had to endure several tours of Graceland and then seeing his Caddy in the Country Music HoF, Elvis is evidence that money cannot buy style.

He had a great voice and stage presence, but he was not a man of style :) Never really watched any of his movies, FWIW.

As an aside, having had to endure several tours of Graceland and then seeing his Caddy in the Country Music HoF, Elvis is evidence that money cannot buy style.

He had a great voice and stage presence, but he was not a man of style :) Never really watched any of his movies, FWIW.
Saw parts of one, Blue something on free TV.

Great shots of cars and locations and I thought it was a musical...for those into Broadway and seeing plays (I somewhat was for a brief time but now my life has me lost interest.)

As a kid I watched this more times than I can count and had fun watching it every single time. Tried to rewatch it as an adult, and instantly ruined all the awesome childhood memories. Don't think I even made it for more than 5 mins without fast forwarding...
images.jpg

Some movies are just meant to stay a childhood memory. I really want to re-watch the Rush Hour movies, but afraid my childhood memories will be ruined as well there... So I'll just leave it as is. As well as all Jackie Chan movies.

I'll keep it as a sweet childhood memory, instead of re-watching it and making it a sour reality that adult me can't stomach.

Last edited:
Back