Movies you liked as a kid but disappointing as adult?

The casting for that movie was awesome. Especially the mean / Fraternity guys and the evil Sorority sisters... HA Ha Ha .....
My wife and I about fell off the sofa laughing when one of those Nerds says something like "hey guys, I can call and get some women to come over for sure, we'll call the Omega MOOs!" LMAO:ROFLMAO:
Haha gotta love Wormser!!🤣

Yes. Not needed for John Cleese's comedy called Fawlty Tower. Ooops I don't hate this one. Its killer laughs every time I see it.
View attachment 93072

Fawlty Towers

Main article: Fawlty Towers
Cleese achieved greater prominence in the United Kingdom as the neurotic hotel manager Basil Fawlty in Fawlty Towers, which he co-wrote with his wife Connie Booth. The series won three BAFTA awards when produced, and in 2000 it topped the British Film Institute's list of the 100 Greatest British Television Programmes. In a 2001 poll conducted by Channel 4 Basil Fawlty was ranked second (behind Homer Simpson) on their list of the 100 Greatest TV Characters.[46][47] The series also featured Prunella Scales as Basil's acerbic wife Sybil, Andrew Sachs as the much abused Spanish waiter Manuel, and Booth as waitress Polly, the series' voice of sanity. Cleese based Basil Fawlty on a real person, Donald Sinclair, whom he had encountered in 1970 while the Monty Python team were staying at the Gleneagles Hotel in Torquay while filming inserts for their television series.[48] Reportedly, Cleese was inspired by Sinclair's mantra, "I could run this hotel just fine if it weren't for the guests." He later described Sinclair as "the most wonderfully rude man I have ever met," although Sinclair's widow has said her husband was totally misrepresented in the series. During the Pythons' stay, Sinclair allegedly threw Idle's briefcase out of the hotel "in case it contained a bomb," complained about Gilliam's "American" table manners, and threw a bus timetable at another guest after he dared to ask the time of the next bus to town.[48][49]

The first series was screened from 19 September 1975 on BBC 2, initially to poor reviews,[50] but gained momentum when repeated on BBC 1 the following year. Despite this, a second series did not air until 1979, by which time Cleese's marriage to Booth had ended, but they revived their collaboration for the second series. Fawlty Towers consisted of two seasons, each of only six episodes; Cleese and Booth both maintain that this was to avoid compromising the quality of the series. The popularity of Fawlty Towers has endured, and in addition to featuring high in greatest-ever television show polls it is often rebroadcast.[51] In a 2002 poll, Basil's "don't mention the war" comment (said to the waitress Polly about the German guests) was ranked the second funniest line in television.[35]
I love the old British comedies! Are You Being Served is my favorite!🤣

Lots of channels but nothing interesting to watch . I really can't stand watching Tv and I usually can't make it through 15 minutes of a movie with out thinking if you have seen one movie you have seen them all. Do a 007 James Bond movie watching binge I think there is 23 or 25 movies. They are all the same with different action scenes .
The only awesome James Bond movie since the late 90s was the first Austin Power.

The casting for that movie was awesome. Especially the mean / Fraternity guys and the evil Sorority sisters... HA Ha Ha .....
My wife and I about fell off the sofa laughing when one of those Nerds says something like "hey guys, I can call and get some women to come over for sure, we'll call the Omega MOOs!" LMAO:ROFLMAO:

Back