Most reliable 2500 truck platform

The ZF 8 speed is made about 25 minutes from my house. I sat in the ford and wasn't impressed. The door handles flexed and I felt like I was going to break them off... I expected more from a 50k truck. I perferred the interior and looks of the Chevy. I haven't checked out the Rams yet. MY previous experience with a Chrysler wasn't positive, however that was 15 years ago.
Will be interested to hear what you think of the Ram, I've owned two of them both half ton one with a 3.6 one with the hemi and really liked both of them!

That's unfortunate on the Ford, although I have noticed that when I bought my Ram the reason partially was because the Ford interior wasn't that nice until you stepped up many trim levels. Even my 3.6 Ram which was a classic SLT had an interior that I really liked

I have a 2021 Ram 2500 with the 6.4 Hemi and ZF 8 speed. It is my first Ram truck, and so far I have been very happy with it. I plow snow with it in the winter and it handles the plow very good. The ZF 8 speed is awesome when towing.

A larger fuel tank would be nice, but most of the time that isn't an issue.

I have a 2021 Ram 2500 with the 6.4 Hemi and ZF 8 speed. It is my first Ram truck, and so far I have been very happy with it. I plow snow with it in the winter and it handles the plow very good. The ZF 8 speed is awesome when towing.

A larger fuel tank would be nice, but most of the time that isn't an issue.
What kind of em pee gees are you getting so far?

What kind of em pee gees are you getting so far?
Lifetime average is about 13 mpg, but it varies widely depending on usage. Driving with a light load at 55 mph I have seen 18 mpg on a tankful. Plowing snow or towing something non-aerodynamic…6-8 mpg.

When towing something big & heavy at interstate speeds you should plan a fuel stop roughly every 200 miles.

Lifetime average is about 13 mpg, but it varies widely depending on usage. Driving with a light load at 55 mph I have seen 18 mpg on a tankful. Plowing snow or towing something non-aerodynamic…6-8 mpg.

When towing something big & heavy at interstate speeds you should plan a fuel stop roughly every 200 miles.
Not bad a'tall

Back