Morons "rolling coal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say I don’t see rolling coal out here in Jersey in spite of this being the hotbed of ”Sopranos”. Drive by shootings out here are written off by “ death by natural causes.” Location, location 😳

I rarely see this anymore. There is a reason why it cost $80,000 for a 3/4 ton truck now. They added $20,000 to the price for the emissions they have on them now.

I wish people wouldn't complain about rolling coal. The epa already went over the top with emissions, you just have to give it time for the older vehicles to get off the road.

I wish people wouldn't complain about rolling coal. The epa already went over the top with emissions, you just have to give it time for the older vehicles to get off the road.

OP is not complaining about older trucks that spew some smoke, but rather the boneheads that tune/mod their truck for the sole purpose of billowing huge clouds of black smoke and obscuring the vision of other drivers.

Being in KY, we get our fair share here.

We moved to Utah several months ago and these loons are everywhere. Speeding through town most of the time. You better tow a ramp if you’re driving the speed limit!
Yesterday I’d have said they came & went … but today I saw a punk in an older F250 just fog the cars behind him when the light turned green. The LEO’s here will ticket for that and loud exhaust … glad they do …

It is pretty obvious, at least to me, when somebody has significantly modded their diesel. I don't know if the police have much they can do about it in most areas. These people just have to find ways to cheat their emissions checks each year and then get away with it.

EPA is always ratcheting down on things. We just barely lost APR downpipes (catted or not) for Golf 7 due to tighter regulations. They simply stopped selling them and stopped offering the more aggressive tunes. Other big names stopped selling their downpipes too. I don't really care because the gains were small from the downpipes but its quite the overreach for a few people that would drive around with a different catted downpipe.

It is pretty obvious, at least to me, when somebody has significantly modded their diesel. I don't know if the police have much they can do about it in most areas. These people just have to find ways to cheat their emissions checks each year and then get away with it.

EPA is always ratcheting down on things. We just barely lost APR downpipes (catted or not) for Golf 7 due to tighter regulations. They simply stopped selling them and stopped offering the more aggressive tunes. Other big names stopped selling their downpipes too. I don't really care because the gains were small from the downpipes but its quite the overreach for a few people that would drive around with a different catted downpipe.
Yep, APR is out on high-flow catted DPs and the associated CEL-killing Stage 2 tunes. AWE also has stopped making catted DPs. I blame the rolling coal idiots and the catless downpipe dumb@sses that bring attention to this. I agree; a high-flow catted DP shouldn't be a big deal but you are (I have one too on my Sportwagen) altering the OEs emissions control gear and the high-flow cat isn't as good at controlling emissions as the factory unit(s) so you pay to play when you break rules etc.

These people are the same ones that start their trucks up around 5am or earlier and let them idle for ten minutes. Wacka Wacka Wacka. I’ve heard trucks so loud you cannot have a conversation within a hundred feet.

These people are the same ones that start their trucks up around 5am or earlier and let them idle for ten minutes. Wacka Wacka Wacka. I’ve heard trucks so loud you cannot have a conversation within a hundred feet.
I usually just call these people "@ssholes".

There was a lot of that going on around here for a few years , seems to have tapered off a bit. Most of the modded diesels have a big "chimney" pipe up from the bed near the rear window. At least that keeps the smoke going up in normal weather. But since nobody seems to get penalized for moronic behavior, it's time for the community to step up; I say follow the offender to the Walmart parking lot, then climb on under the truck and undo the drive shaft. About a 3 min job.
Back in my H.S. days in the 70's, kids use to take off all the lug nuts from one front wheel or steal someones coil wire to teach a lesson - or just be a joker. Taking out the DS is more benign than the lug nut deal.

Have at it.

Last edited:
At a rest stop we saw a huge pipe (8" dia.) cut through the bed of a Ford truck. It towered a foot above the cab's roof.
A 5'6" fellow climbed down. I asked him what the pipe was for and he said it was "enhanced exhaust" and eagerly offered to show how it belched smoke. We declined the demo.

I nicknamed the truck, "The Compensator".

It's actually sad that this retardation is sometimes channeled, focused political carp.
Everyone needs something to stand for.

We actually see them around here in NJ too, 10 miles from the bridge. Idiots just looking for attention or like Kira said compensating for something. Theres plenty of tunes out there for more power, but these guys just need people to look at them. My GL is tuned for 275 hp and 500 lb/ft and the exhaust tips are clean enough to eat off of, no SCR or DEF, just DPF working as it should.

At a rest stop we saw a huge pipe (8" dia.) cut through the bed of a Ford truck. It towered a foot above the cab's roof.
A 5'6" fellow climbed down. I asked him what the pipe was for and he said it was "enhanced exhaust" and eagerly offered to show how it belched smoke. We declined the demo.

I nicknamed the truck, "The Compensator".

It's actually sad that this retardation is sometimes channeled, focused political carp.
Everyone needs something to stand for.
What does his height have to do with anything? Plenty of taller dudes driving these as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back