Morons "rolling coal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The creek fire burning in the central sierras put out enough smoke yesterday to turn the noon sky into night. Maybe take a step back and get some perspective before you start dropping moral equivalencies. A handful of obnoxious pickup drivers is NOTHING compared to other man made and natural pollutant sources. NIMBY legislating at its finest.
There is A HUGE difference between smoke from forest fires (not that somehow that is healthy, and yes, guy that did that gender revelation thing in San Bernardino should be jailed, for a looooong time) and smoke from ICE, especially diesel engines. Last time I checked NOx are not naturally occuring gases. So no, I do not want imbecile running coal while I am behind with two small kids. As much as he/she has constitutional right to be dumb, my kids have right to at least not breath that crap coming out.

Sounds like a bunch of "get off my lawn" old men in here. I don't like it, but arrests, impound vehicles, etc... is ridiculous. How many members in here refuse to fix an oil leak and contaminate everywhere they go? "Which oil for a my 79 Ford LTD that leaks 2 qts per 1000 miles?, Which oil to stop white smoke from my 83 Olds Delta 88?" C'mon, most of the idiots I've seen do this are young guys. The tendency to do dumb stuff is innate in youth.

I don't want anyone to be arrested, their truck impounded, etc. but rolling coal is stupid just like the straight-piped Mustang that wakes everyone up in the neighborhood at 6am is stupid. It's folks being ******es and not understanding how their choices impact others but they are young and dumb. I always wish when I see this crap that those folks could be the recipient of me being an ******e....like when they finally get married and have a baby and I can roll up out front of their house after the baby finally gets to sleep and rev my straight-piped car and wake them or roll coal on them when they are out walking their dog with their baby and belch black smoke on them. That's a better solution to me...poetic justice. They would never do what they do if they had to be on the other end. This issue is not about freedom etc., it's about not being an ******e....it's what's wrong with our world today...nobody cares about anyone else.

Get off my lawn. Running for HOA president.

I'm originally from Lima OH and there's what used to be called "the diesel college" there, now called "University of Northwestern Ohio". They are known all over the country for being one of the best schools to go to for automotive-related tech. You will see plenty of coal-rollers around campus there.
I live and work near the campus... see tons of "bro-dozers" every day.

was behind one a couple weeks ago...I just felt bad for his Dog that was riding in the bed...white truck, 6-8 inch (if not larger) stack coming up through the front of the bed, top edge of the cab(above the glass) stained coal black from soot.
Just imagine what that pupper was breathing in.

i'm just glad none of these students have decided to roll on me since i bought my hybrid. though i'm sure it will happen at one time or another....

As the saying goes, "you can't fix stupid." I gave up on trying decades ago. As long as I feel there is no immediate threat to me, I go on my merry way. I will however share my thoughts with a friend or family member if they're around. Those thoughts are not for family prime time though.

Yes, yes, giving people the middle finger (rolling coal, per your example) is exactly like poisoning a water supply. Wow. Like I said, perspective. Find some.

Lots of HOA presidents in this thread.
That middle finger thing is fightin' words around me. You are NOT insulated in you car from me. That means I can snap off you fancy side view mirror with that lane assist and puddle light with the baseball bat in the my back seat. Drive by hit job.
If a guy is a big dope and a menace, I repeat: teach him a lesson. As I said earlier, driveshaft removal is fast and easy. Four little nuts at the pinion yoke. You can leave a note.
" Re-tune you engine and behave or this will get uglier, buddy!"

There is some perspective for you.

I don't care if they have the right to do it. I don't want my entire car interior smelling like diesel fumes. Here in Ontario you can report smoking vehicles and you will get a fine. It's probably the only thing I ever complain about, drive around with a loud exhaust, fast, I don't mind. Just don't drench my vehicle in soot, please. Plus they are usually the douche white sunglasses wearing types and the truck is lifted to the sky with tiny tires. And a 2 foot drop hitch. These guys are also usually the ones tailgating you on the highway while you are already doing 15-20 over the limit. I guess they have to get to the corner store before the sale on monster energy drinks is over.

It's pretty stupid. The ford truck forums had a member that would do a tow off with a 11,000 pound trailer up a really steep hill. Some guy with a dodge diesel showed up with a smoke tune and tried it. The Dodge had to leave on a flatbed. A lot of the morons doing this don't have any supporting modifications or any ability to monitor EGT. Old trucks had a mirror pointed at the stack and if you saw it start to smoke black, time to downshift.

I can understand why it does get people mad. I'm not a greenie, nor am I fan of the EPA but it's stupid to go out of your way to increase particulate emissions. Especially when it doesn't do anything to help the performance of the vehicle. Just wastes fuel and makes you look stupid. Little man syndrome I guess.

I've been coal rolled a few times. My 235000 mile engine just isn't able to tow my Jeep and maintain 90 on the Interstate so sometimes I'm hanging with the 18 wheelrs. These dudebros with their CUMMINGS, BRO or POWERMAX like to show how fast their EMPTY truck with tow mirrors full erect can go up the hill. Of course by nailing it right next to me. I can guarantee my old rotbox gas Ford has done more towing and hauling than any of theirs.

That middle finger thing is fightin' words around me. You are NOT insulated in you car from me. That means I can snap off you fancy side view mirror with that lane assist and puddle light with the baseball bat in the my back seat. Drive by hit job.
If a guy is a big dope and a menace, I repeat: teach him a lesson. As I said earlier, driveshaft removal is fast and easy. Four little nuts at the pinion yoke. You can leave a note.
" Re-tune you engine and behave or this will get uglier, buddy!"

There is some perspective for you.

LOL. Thank you for making my point for me.

Can we trade the tilty-boy stance/vape crowd in these middle ground deal? Asking for a friend.

Rolling Coal is supposedly an attitude or "style," similar to truck nutz and huge tires that stick out too far. It doesn't make any sense and I don't think they could care any less, about anything, except maybe their image and vanity. Most will grow out of this phase but not soon enough.

I think it is ridiculous. I'll speed up or slow down when around them to avoid. They are all over where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back