Morons "rolling coal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolling coal .....juvenile and unnecessary if you are any good at tuning diesels.

See how much coal a banks turbodiesel spews- almost nothing - is Gale Banks a chump ?

I grew up in Caterpillar country - some of the largest most powerful diesels around and even in the 70's - very little black smoke a puff here and there.

IF you want to have fun and still be annoying I find a train air horn a lot more fun than spewing exhaust.

UD

Having to drive behind a massive Powerstroke towing an equally massive boat, who for some reason decided to pull it up the Kancamagus in the White mountains was nauseating. You would've thought his tires were on fire. Although he wasn't "rolling coal" I still found this to be grossly disrespectful to everyone behind him, knowing his truck shouldn't be spewing smoke.

I always thought the coal was a byproduct of power mods. Not that they over fueled just to role coal. I like seeing them blast it on certain crowds...

My little 79 horsepower 300D Benz will put some smoke out the tailpipe. I think it was the last year for unregulated diesel engines in the U.S. I have upset a few cyclist but they hog the road and to pass I have no choice but to put the pedal down.

Is there a relationship between sagging rear-ends on trucks (Carolina lean), rolling coal, and driving onto the shoulder on the highway to purposely kick up rocks/debris onto the cars behind them? I think the data are there....

Rolling coal .....juvenile and unnecessary if you are any good at tuning diesels.

See how much coal a banks turbodiesel spews- almost nothing - is Gale Banks a chump ?

I grew up in Caterpillar country - some of the largest most powerful diesels around and even in the 70's - very little black smoke a puff here and there.

IF you want to have fun and still be annoying I find a train air horn a lot more fun than spewing exhaust.

UD
According to this song … they went smokeless in 1947 👀

LOL. Thank you for making my point for me.
I've had it with idiots left untethered; NO Excuses, no "false equivalencies' Time For a Spankin.

But in the Top Five on my list of reprehensible public behavior: risking life and limb:

Improper "Brake Checking" on the interstate - actually stomping on the brakes, is
# 1 Insane. That gets a 911 call and a follow until the State police intercept.
If It almost caused me to crash it get and Assault charge.
Enough is enough. And the 1911 stayed holstered the whole time on the passenger seat.
Self control.

I honestly don't see coal rolling much around here anymore. I think a lot of the EPA people cracked down on it here and the emissions laws tightened. Also I think a lot of the bro-dozers who kept breaking their trucks weren't able to keep up with the repair bills anymore. Whatever it was the number of coal rollers has been reduced significantly. They used to be everywhere.

I've had it with idiots left untethered; NO Excuses, no "false equivalencies' Time For a Spankin.

But in the Top Five on my list of reprehensible public behavior: risking life and limb:

Improper "Brake Checking" on the interstate - actually stomping on the brakes, is
# 1 Insane. That gets a 911 call and a follow until the State police intercept.
If It almost caused me to crash it get and Assault charge.
Enough is enough. And the 1911 stayed holstered the whole time on the passenger seat.
Self control.
Yep, brake checking is crazy dangerous and I've seen it almost cause large crashes - insane that anyone is that vested in getting back at someone that they would risk themselves and others to "make a point". Just to ask - are you a left lane driver/cruiser that this happens to you?

I really hate those people that:
Drive too fast
Have too dark of a tint
Truck is too tall
Improperly aimed headlights
Do not know how to use a turn signal
Text and drive
Drink and drive
Take all corners as if they were a race car driver
Have loud exhausts
Drive too slow
Keep looking at their passengers to talk
Put makeup on while they drive
Play their music too loud
Hog the fast lane
Tailgate
Wear masks like terrorists
And the 9th level of hell is definitely reserved for those dang coal rollers

Something should be done about those people. We probably need more government.

Crumbling faculties at diesel universities will have to see who their less expendable experts are. Rolling coal there won't make Infantes from each and every base stock, most will only dissipate. Too late for law and order on that one.

Have not seen a Rolling Coal in awhile. Have seen in Texas. Years ago.. not recently.

There are also those that install the brightest possible lights, high beams and/or light bars and aim them more UP so that they do not ain down at the road, rather into people's mirror.

It goes more to the behavior of humans as a species, and one's perceived instance of what constitutes an Alpha Male than logic or reason.

Forgot to add that every Rolling Coal I have seen has been either a Dodge Ram or a Ford F150 with a smoke stack exhaust.

*shakes cane and checks HOA bylaws*

“there should be a law!“:rolleyes:
I feels a lot of HOA anger projected by you here. Sell the condo and move to someplace nice on a private lot. Yes, HOA are garbage. Don't know why people in the U.S. subject themselves to this Commune- ism. Though some laws are needed, I would hazard a guess that over 75% of laws that are currently on the books are encroaching on fundamental freedoms and should be abolished.
But when ONE vehicle spews more pollutants that ALL the other clean diesels in town COMBINED - clean emissions at great expense to manufactures and owners alike - that offender must be taken down. PERIOD.
If you disagree, then you need some re-education.

HOA's do not make or have "laws". HOA's have community standards and policies that people willfully choose to acccept when they buy a home in a rescricted subdivision. I serve on a HOA board. 99% of the people in our community are happy with it. Of course there is always 1% that is totally unreasonable. I could tell you stories how ridiculous this 1% thinks or acts, but I won't. Our HOA board is good because we are flexible, responsive to the residents, and never, ever overbearing. We care about our neighbors, and they know it. We are as far from "communism" as you could ever get. The entire board has conservative views. Maybe the TX and NH versions are quite different. Thats my guess.

Last edited:
I feels a lot of HOA anger projected by you here. Sell the condo and move to someplace nice on a private lot. Yes, HOA are garbage. Don't know why people in the U.S. subject themselves to this Commune- ism. Though some laws are needed, I would hazard a guess that over 75% of laws that are currently on the books are encroaching on fundamental freedoms and should be abolished.
But when ONE vehicle spews more pollutants that ALL the other clean diesels in town COMBINED - clean emissions at great expense to manufactures and owners alike - that offender must be taken down. PERIOD.
Why the HOA hate? The folks that buy in neighborhoods with HOAs have 100% choice in the matter. If you don't like the rules/by-laws, don't move here (and then complain about it). Simple. I've lived in HOA-run neighborhoods for 20 years, it's really no-drama. It's common sense - don't park a car in your front yard and keep you house in good repair so all of our values don't tank...thanks. Folks that hate HOAs - move to the country and buy your land so nobody can bother you and you can't bother anyone else.

The root of almost every problem is when people move in and expect to live just like they did in when they were in an totally unrestricted area. A few get triggered when you tell them they cannot store junk vehicles in the front yard, park their giagantic RV in the streets blocking their neighbors in, or operate a welding fab shop out of their garage.

Mindboggeling attitudes a rare few have.

The root of almost every problem is when people move in and expect to live just like they did in when they were in an totally unrestricted area. A few get triggered when you tell them they cannot store junk vehicles in the front yard, park their giagantic RV in the streets blocking their neighbors in, or operate a welding fab shop out of their garage.

Mindboggeling attitudes a rare few have.
Nailed it. Read what you sign - it's not like it's hidden. Again, please live out in the country.

Between you detailing your road rage Incidents and your penchant for wanting to lord over everyone else its a wonder that you DONT like HOA‘s.

Again, I don’t condone rolling coal, but the absolute overreaction by numerous forum members (jail time, etc) Really emphasizes the idea that this site has a bunch of old biddies with nothing better to do than police the actions of others. Hence my comparison to the stereotypical idea of militant HOA boards.

I’ll continue to enjoy my quiet non-HOA neighborhood AND go about My business without worrying about a few inconsiderate people. You won’t legislate away people being jerks, instead YOU end up being the jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back