Morons "rolling coal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t condone it.... but wow does this site have some old biddies. Jail time? LOL

LOL. You old dirty hippies should have got jail time for that shag carpet abomination too. Every generation has their questionable Automotive trends. You could pick half a dozen just right now. bunch of nimbys.

A true statement of Gale Banks would be to routinely fit twice the filtration when aggravating the Duramaxes or whatever, as the DI sans PF is the actual problem in the streets – of which smoke opacity remains an extremely bad indicator. There's a factor of several thousands in particle number concentrations between a seriously filtered vehicle exhaust and another that's just not rolling coal. Therefore quite a fleet of vehicles according to state of the art are still offset by only a bit of tune. Or an entire 10000 miles OCI by the neighbour equaling just a minute of WOT behind one's own wheel.

Odious as it is, rolling coal on some road is no real match for the death from ordinary decency in the streets.

Deliberately poisoning the air breathed by those around you is morally equivalent to poisoning your neighbors' water supply.

The creek fire burning in the central sierras put out enough smoke yesterday to turn the noon sky into night. Maybe take a step back and get some perspective before you start dropping moral equivalencies. A handful of obnoxious pickup drivers is NOTHING compared to other man made and natural pollutant sources. NIMBY legislating at its finest.

No one did not bring up the deeper issue here. It is the devision in this country. The disdain for stringent government regulations towards Diesel engine emissions. It there way of telling the government, society who took this stands against Diesel engines to f--- you.
Otherwise, there is no logical reason to do rolling coal. Even if I share some sentiment with them, I think it is overall a stupid thing to do. I was quite fascinated with how diesel did become fairly smokeless by the 2000's before they got too heavy with all the emissions. Even if they did not meet what the enviromentist demanded, you had a fairly powerful Diesel engine that was not obnoxiously smelly.

We have alot of coal rollers around here, usually have nearly bald tires on them and are driven recklessly. You tend to see these expensive trucks with 10k or more of aftermarket crap on them parked outside barely livable trailers or shacks.

If you dont have to deal with these lunkheads daily you won't understand.

The PM limits (fairly smokeless by the 2000s) – like an aiming at the tip of the iceberg – did nothing for reducing PN. If anything the fine particles had their size distribution shifted for the finer and more harmful, finally enabling them to even climb the direttissima from the nose to the brain. Literally.

I'm originally from Lima OH and there's what used to be called "the diesel college" there, now called "University of Northwestern Ohio". They are known all over the country for being one of the best schools to go to for automotive-related tech. You will see plenty of coal-rollers around campus there.

I remember some rolling coal a-hole got me good at a stop sign when I was behind him on my bike..."thank you".

I will say, a few years ago during the height of dieselgate I saw an older lifted VW Golf on AT tires with a bumper sticker that said “Genuine High Emission VW” and when he accelerated there was a bit of black smoke and I couldn’t help but laugh. It made my week :LOL:

The creek fire burning in the central sierras put out enough smoke yesterday to turn the noon sky into night. Maybe take a step back and get some perspective before you start dropping moral equivalencies. A handful of obnoxious pickup drivers is NOTHING compared to other man made and natural pollutant sources. NIMBY legislating at its finest.

That's a non-sequitor. "Rolling coal" is meant to do nothing other than piss other people off at least, and harm them at most. So saying, "but other things are way worse" is pretty baseless.

At least catless downpipes that tuners put in are so they can run really high boosts, so the disgusting pollution from the lack of a cat at least has some functional purpose.

A "rolling coal" tune lowers fuel economy, doesn't make the truck any more powerful, and isn't good for the engine nor emissions systems on it. The only "benefit" is it being a middle finger to everyone else.

That's why the other poster was comparing it to poisoning your neighbour's water supply.

Everyone around me thinks they're in the south so there's a lot of coal-rollers pick ups out here. They try to race everybody but physics doesn't really work in their favor.

Everyone around me thinks they're in the south so there's a lot of coal-rollers pick ups out here. They try to race everybody but physics doesn't really work in their favor.
Engage 4wd, spool turbo, laugh as black smoke pours out, cry as your tie rods snap :ROFLMAO:

That's a non-sequitor. "Rolling coal" is meant to do nothing other than piss other people off at least, and harm them at most. So saying, "but other things are way worse" is pretty baseless.

At least catless downpipes that tuners put in are so they can run really high boosts, so the disgusting pollution from the lack of a cat at least has some functional purpose.

A "rolling coal" tune lowers fuel economy, doesn't make the truck any more powerful, and isn't good for the engine nor emissions systems on it. The only "benefit" is it being a middle finger to everyone else.

That's why the other poster was comparing it to poisoning your neighbour's water supply.
Yes, yes, giving people the middle finger (rolling coal, per your example) is exactly like poisoning a water supply. Wow. Like I said, perspective. Find some.

Lots of HOA presidents in this thread.

Plenty of those trucks around here. Like everything else, most are decent people. We only notice them when the knuckleheads roll-the-coal, then we attribute the behavior to every raised deisel pickup we see. Everything nowadays is set up where people have to take extreme sides. No room for moderate self thinkers anymore.

Buy yeah. The ones who do it (roll the coal on a vehicle behind them) are idiots.

Funny thing is the places I have been in the south such as the Atlanta area, Dallas GA area and the like has less coal rollers there than here in Indiana. Alot classier people too!

I actually would argue the catless downpipes aren't worth the tiny increase in flow vs. a high-flow catted downpipe. Even some race cars (rally) use high-flow catted downpipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back