Model 3 Performance - Pulled the trigger

Prices are going up, so wifey ORDERED me to buy the car... Of course you gotta add reg and the governor's tax, so figure close to $72K all in.
For those interested (and qualify for the tax credit) only the base color, Stealth Grey, qualifies because Tesla raised the price for the 2nd time since release. I think they added $1,000 to the base price, so $2,000 since release.
1715957683402.jpg

I like it! pretty good deal for good performance car, although I don't think I'd get the "self driving" until it really is self driving.

My son bought one of those and he received two different government kickbacks. I know one was $7500, and the other, can't remember.
To my knowledge, he didn't get any self driving package. I know he didn't pay $64k. What I do know, is that's the fastest vehicle I've ever been in. It's stupid fast. And I say this as a long time motorcycle rider.

I like it! pretty good deal for good performance car, although I don't think I'd get the "self driving" until it really is self driving.
I doubt I will use FSD much; it is definitely not a requirement. The price dropped from $12K to $8K. At $12K it would not have been included.

My son bought one of those and he received two different government kickbacks. I know one was $7500, and the other, can't remember.
To my knowledge, he didn't get any self driving package. I know he didn't pay $64k. What I do know, is that's the fastest vehicle I've ever been in. It's stupid fast. And I say this as a long time motorcycle rider.
TBT, I am somewhat concerned about the acceleration of these cars. Similar to the incredible motorcycles of the past 30 years. A mistake could be very bad. F = MA.

Has Tesla rolled out anything for full self driving so the car actually is full self driving?
In Tesla's opinion, their cars are full self driving when equipped.

At least that's my understanding of Tesla's opinion.

Congratulations.

Tesla provided free self driving for a month recently. I didn't like it and after a (too short) trial turned it off. We had guests at the time and it scared them. Kept kicking out for one thing.

One of my colleagues at the museum did the same thing. I guess we're not potential customers for the self driving package.

TBT, I am somewhat concerned about the acceleration of these cars. Similar to the incredible motorcycles of the past 30 years. A mistake could be very bad. F = MA.
While not strictly the same thing, I always used KE = ½ mv^2 to scare the kids with driving. I wanted to get the concept across to them that the energy of their potential collision increases with the square of their velocity. It was also a teachable moment about how understanding basic physics can help them understand real world decisions. I may have lost them when I went into scalars and vectors but they got the point. ;)

While not strictly the same thing, I always used KE = ½ mv^2 to scare the kids with driving. I wanted to get the concept across to them that the energy of their potential collision increases with the square of their velocity. It was also a teachable moment about how understanding basic physics can help them understand real world decisions. I may have lost them when I went into scalars and vectors but they got the point. ;)
You're a mean man... :sneaky:

They are cool, and i do like not having to buy gas. it just seems like a lot of money for car. that can really do only one thing.

Just finished the purchase with my cell app. Of course Tesla knows me and my car, just took 5 pics for the trade in offer.
All in price is $71,442.

They are cool, and i do like not having to buy gas. it just seems like a lot of money for car. that can really do only one thing.
I will tell you this; I will miss our Model 3 Mid Range RWD which was entry level when we bought the car. It really is all most people need, including me. I believe anyone who bought our car right now, for about $25K, would get an incredible car. That's my opinion.
1715964196455.jpg

1715964224153.jpg

1715964315152.jpg

Last edited:

Not an issue in any way, really.

Tesla gets it right, and the acceleration is completely drama-free. Letting the driver concentrate on driving properly.

EDIT: BTW, I totally approve!!!!!

drop that FF and put in some nice Traveller 15W40 ASAP. Nice car, when do you think delivery will be?

drop that FF and put in some nice Traveller 15W40 ASAP. Nice car, when do you think delivery will be?
July delivery. I should cut loose 2 cars, but don't really want to. 1 will be the Model 3, the other will be the TSX, which I love, or the RX, which I like.
The Model 3 has to go for sure.

Back