Model 3 Performance - Pulled the trigger

Congratulations on the new Tesla. (y)

It’s good you didn’t get a white interior cause there’s way too much glare on a sunny day.

I’m getting one in the future.

100% unnecessary and will never be used or tested
So is anything bigger or more powerful than a 78hp/74lb ft torque Mitsubishi Mirage for 99.9% of people doing their normal daily driving. Thankfully we live in a country where we aren’t reduced to purely what we “need.”

Can’t wait to read your initial review when you get it!

Reactions: Ws6
Congratulations on the new Tesla. (y)

It’s good you didn’t get a white interior cause there’s way too much glare on a sunny day.

I’m getting one in the future.
I always thought it looked cool, but I hadn’t thought of that. I had a Jag with a light tan, almost white and it was just took so much effort to keep clean. I kept it up but it definitely wasn’t designed with blue collar worker dirty jeans in mind. I had tinted windows so I don’t remember much glare, but it wasn’t pure white like the Tesla. That would probably do it.

Excited to see your review when you get it. I tell myself I’ll keep my MYP for 10+ years but will more than likely swap it out when the next gen comes out or if there’s a Plaid version.

For whoever said the power won’t be used, that’s nonsense. I use full power every single day.

"Never buy a sensible car."
You are 100% correct. No one need a car like this, or a Vette, Porsche, Bro Dozer, BMW, MBZ, you name it.
I love the car we have.
There are a couple of reasons I am buying this one. Need is not one of them.
I think we might actually agree upon something. I currently have one vehicle I wanted, not needed. The next Jeep I buy will be because I wanted it. At that point odds are there will be three vehicles in my fleet I don't need anymore, my wife doesn't know that yet. She'll get over it in time. ;) All joking aside, if that right to buy what we want vs. need ever goes away we are screwed as a nation!!

I think we might actually agree upon something. I currently have one vehicle I wanted, not needed. The next Jeep I buy will be because I wanted it. At that point odds are there will be three vehicles in my fleet I don't need anymore, my wife doesn't know that yet. She'll get over it in time. ;) All joking aside, if that right to buy what we want vs. need ever goes away we are screwed as a nation!!
If I were smart, I would keep the Tundra, GS350 and TSX to go with the new car. I would leave the TSX at our home in Petaluma.
The Tundra is my keeper because as my cowboy friends say, "Ya ain't xxx! if ya ain't got a truck." It's my best tool and only has 220K.

I am considering dealing with my classics. I gave my 68 Vette to my BIL; the 65 4-4-2 could go if I found someone who would take care of it because it is one of the more original, perfect ones left.

Sitting behind the wheel of any Tesla product is like being at IKEA in the children's section. I just can't do it.

Congratulations on the new Tesla. All that matters is that you like, love, and enjoy it. 👍

If I were smart, I would keep the Tundra, GS350 and TSX to go with the new car. I would leave the TSX at our home in Petaluma.
The Tundra is my keeper because as my cowboy friends say, "Ya ain't xxx! if ya ain't got a truck." It's my best tool and only has 220K.

I am considering dealing with my classics. I gave my 68 Vette to my BIL; the 65 4-4-2 could go if I found someone who would take care of it because it is one of the more original, perfect ones left.
You only live once, keep them all if you have the room and the cash.

Sitting behind the wheel of any Tesla product is like being at IKEA in the children's section. I just can't do it.
Comfortable and supportive seats, functional controls, and no interior reflections are all that matter to me. I spend very little time looking at or dealing with, the interior, instead I look outside. To that end, my old Jag F-Type has TAN interior and the sun reflects off of the dash, on to the inside the windshield, making it look hazy. Annoying. I often put a black cloth on top of the dash. Requires polarized sunglasses for a clear view, ugh.

I find the Tesla interior to be perfect. Comfortable as can be, simple and efficient, quiet, and devoid of unnecessary complexity. A drivers car.

13-Tesla-Model-3-Performance-review.jpg

I drive a Jag F-Type with a few mods. It's quick by old school standards. Yesterday, a Model 3 perf, well let's just say, I let off because there was no reason to do anything else.
I murdered an SVR suv on the freeway the other day at 50% SoC or so. A M3P is similar to my car below 80mph. I cant imagine a Jag F is going to have faired well, lol

Go for it. But get in line behind the Bi-Turbo Benz across the street and the Taycan at the other end.
Some chic in a GLS63amg got on it and I heard it. Please tell me those sound better in the cabin than to bystanders. It sounded like a dumptruck, lol!

Taycan 4S will be good competition on the big end. Turbo will get you everywhere.

Comfortable and supportive seats, functional controls, and no interior reflections are all that matter to me. I spend very little time looking at or dealing with, the interior, instead I look outside. To that end, my old Jag F-Type has TAN interior and the sun reflects off of the dash, on to the inside the windshield, making it look hazy. Annoying. I often put a black cloth on top of the dash. Requires polarized sunglasses for a clear view, ugh.

I find the Tesla interior to be perfect. Comfortable as can be, simple and efficient, quiet, and devoid of unnecessary complexity. A drivers car.

The new Ludicrous seats are bolstered nicely and supportive; they almost sell the car. Even the new Std and Long Range seats are much better than the seats in my car. This was a key selling point as someone close to me is dealing with Sciatica.

The new Ludicrous seats are bolstered nicely and supportive; they almost sell the car. Even the new Std and Long Range seats are much better than the seats in my car. This was a key selling point as someone close to me is dealing with Sciatica.
When they put in a HUD and the cars stop leaking, I'll be on board.

Congratulations Mr. Keryk. We are all expecting your unbiased review including photos to show if the car has poor fit and finish, gaps in the body panels and a cheap interior as so many Tesla haters often claim.

I'm like Cujet, I also own a Jaguar F Type. Mine is the R model with a supercharged V8 putting out 575 HP and will do 0-60 in a claimed 3.5 seconds. But I wouldn't get into an acceleration contest with most EV's, especially Teslas. In reality, any car that will do 0-60 in under 5 seconds is pretty darn fast and can get you in trouble very quickly.

However my Jag, which is finished in metallic British Racing Green with tan leather scores points for styling and visual impact that most of those faster EV's are sorely lacking. So there's that.

So is anything bigger or more powerful than a 78hp/74lb ft torque Mitsubishi Mirage for 99.9% of people doing their normal daily driving. Thankfully we live in a country where we aren’t reduced to purely what we “need.”

Can’t wait to read your initial review when you get it!
* correction the 4.6l in the Grand Marquis /CV is the most power you need🤣. I just can't believe people pay so much for Teslas. I realize it's their money but I just don't get it. I've ridden in and driven Teslas, they are OK.

You’ve reviewed a few Teslas here over the years and did a good unbiased review of them. (y)

Everyone who drives one loves it, I just cant get into them. This new highland m3p may change that, but Im definitely in the wait and see camp, there.
The Highland Performance is the car I buy if I'm buying right now. I love deep bolstered seats and that's my only gripe about the interior of our current car, how flat the seats are. There's no doubt the power is there with the numbers they're putting out. Realistically I'm going to wait 3-5 years, but that shouldn't be a problem with the long runs of Tesla design changes. They really perfected the interior(as far as Tesla design language goes) this time around. I'm another that loves the minimalism.

Price wise it's cheaper than a new Golf R and not much more than a loaded GTI after the tax credit. It's hard to buy one of those while this exists especially when I can rid myself of fuel costs.

Back