Model 3 Performance - Pulled the trigger

Some chic in a GLS63amg got on it and I heard it. Please tell me those sound better in the cabin than to bystanders. It sounded like a dumptruck, lol!

Taycan 4S will be good competition on the big end. Turbo will get you everywhere.
Glad you like your Kia EV, however the demographics interested in EVs Kia is the last brand that comes to mind for an EV. I think they should have released it under another brand.

Glad you like your Kia EV, however the demographics interested in EVs Kia is the last brand that comes to mind for an EV. I think they should have released it under another brand.
They're looking to shift that. Their sticking point is service and not product. Ive always been blind to logos and care about product only.

The problem becomes the fact that if everything is expected to go EV in the future, they're going to have to start somewhere and so far they're doing a great job of it.

They're looking to shift that. Their sticking point is service and not product. Ive always been blind to logos and care about product only.
My local KIA dealer doesn't have the greatest service. From sales to customer service, to finance, to after-sales, to their service department, it all has that slight taint of sleaze.

However, the quality of their vehicles is top-notch. We actually had a KIA Sorento that we bought brand new in 2006 and kept for ten years. No major issues with it, other than their service department messing up routine maintenance a few times. It was built on the old body-on-frame platform. I loved that vehicle. KIA actually created that platform to get into the pickup truck market, but then the financial crisis hit, and they decided to cancel their pickup truck. Instead, they used it for one more vehicle: the KIA Borrego.

As for their EVs, KIA has access to some of the best electronics from SK Hynix, Samsung, and LG. The batteries are also made by one of these three companies. Everyone else who makes EVs tries to source their electronics from one of these three companies as well. However, given the close ties between South Korean companies, especially between Hyundai/KIA and SK Hynix, KIA/Hyundai get the best equipment.

That EV6 GT is awesome. I'm sure you have a blast driving it. 👍

That is a great deal. They are good looking cars for sure. A bit vain, but nice looking.

Has Tesla rolled out anything for full self driving so the car actually is full self driving?
Last week I was tutoring my daughter in her foreign language homework. She's learning Chinese and she discovered that a bike is called "self driving vehicle" and was asking me why. Turns out It was because its inventor called it Laufmaschine (running machine).

Maybe Elon Musk's FSD would be just another "lost in translation" in history.

Back