Model 3 Performance - Pulled the trigger

Congratulations. Nice car. I wish they would come out with the Model 2 so I can afford one.

Are you going to trade yours in or sell it private party?

Tesla offered me $22K before, probably less now. Of course money talks. Or I may help out a family member, not sure.
Man, someone could get a really great deal on this. They can also run it through (I forget the name) and get the $4000 rebate. I wish I was in the market now.

Has Tesla rolled out anything for full self driving so the car actually is full self driving?
It isn’t a required purchase at least. I’m not a fan and won’t pay for it. I have tried it and it’s not for me.

A friend in the hangar next door purchased a Model Y performance. I drove it down the curvy airport road and was completely impressed. Unfortunately, I chipped the paint on the rear hatch by opening it into something. Offered him $400 on the spot for that damage and he refused. I still feel badly about that.

Is there a reason you chose the 3 over the Y?

A friend in the hangar next door purchased a Model Y performance. I drove it down the curvy airport road and was completely impressed. Unfortunately, I chipped the paint on the rear hatch by opening it into something. Offered him $400 on the spot for that damage and he refused. I still feel badly about that.

I could answer that myself. It’s faster, just got the redesign, and isn’t a crossover. That’s why I would buy one. It’s why we bought the regular Model 3 instead of the Model Y. The Model Y is popular for obvious reasons, but it’s a tall, ungainly looking version of the Model 3 to me.

Last edited:
Looks like a really nice car and it is crazy quick.
You obviously do like these cars and your current Model 3 seems to have worked out really well for you.
Food for thought for those who have yet to pull the trigger on a Tesla.

Yes. I am not a Y customer; while it makes a lotta sense in many ways, it is not for me. I am a sedan guy, as is wifey for a fun car.
Remember, never buy a sensible car.

The Highland refresh is a new car, something like 90% new parts. The Model Y and pre-refresh 3 were basically the base car with more power, bigger wheels and summer performance tires. The Y Performance is still the old car. The M3P has track mode switchable suspension, bigger brakes, light wheels and much more. The seats are better bolstered and are fantastic.

M3P from the website. There are a few YT videos; more to come.

I’ve got to say I thought it looked generic in pictures until I saw it in person. I think they did well here.
I have noticed lately that "white" paint almost always makes vehicles look extra nice compared to some other colors. My black/silver Chevelle was one of the hardest to keep clean.

100% unnecessary and will never be used or tested
That fits every performance car. Doesn’t mean you don’t pay for the privilege. Figure a site about cars would have a healthy amount of car enthusiasts that do just that. I know I do. I could have bought a base $23k Jetta if I just wanted a VW with 4 doors.

Cool short Jeff, I wanna ride!

Still fathoming its as quick or quicker than my 1200 Bandit.

Back