Mobil 1 Technical Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what your talking about on the web page.
dunno.gif

[ April 14, 2003, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: buster ]

Hmmmmmmmm......when using the link, go to "Car Care" then "Advanced" then select "Ask Mobil 1", then "Archive" on the side and you will get a list of questions that were answered by M1

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
I don't see what your talking about on the web page.
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Alex D:
Hmmmmmmmm......when using the link, go to "Car Care" then "Advanced" then select "Ask Mobil 1", then "Archive" on the side and you will get a list of questions that were answered by M1

Check this gem out:

Q: I've been using Mobil 1 in my Lexus RX 300 for the last 4,000 miles. I planned on changing the oil filter every 5,000 and the oil every 10,000. I just received a letter from Lexus about problems with engine oil gelling in the 3.0-liter engine (which I have). Have you heard about this? Will Mobil 1 protect me against this? Can I still stay with my 10,000-mile oil change (the dealer changes every 5,000 with their brand)?
-- Robert Gindhart, Prince Frederick, MD
A: We are aware that Lexus has some concerns about oil gelling in some of their vehicles. Mobil 1's high-performance reserves will provide excellent protection for your engine. Using Mobil 1 and following the oil and filter change frequencies shown in your owner's manual and reinforced by the letter from Lexus will help assure that you will get maximum life from your engine and not have oil gelling problems.

The bad thing about the archive is that its a first-in-first-out buffer and there's a lot of good stuff from the past that's gone now.

quote:

Originally posted by Jay:
The bad thing about the archive is that its a first-in-first-out buffer and there's a lot of good stuff from the past that's gone now.

All the more reason to ask your questions on here, we've got more knowledgable experts here than they do, plus we don't lose any of our old posts!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back