Milk: what kind do you drink?

I never, ever drink (regular) milk by itself. Completely grosses me out. I will put a dash of half-n-half in my coffee each morning and that is the extent of it and use regular milk, heavy cream or buttermilk for cooking/baking and other purposes.

For cereal and drinking, it will be Almond/Coconut/Cashew type milks.

I've been trying to make the switch to Almond milk, but the inconsistency between brands makes it hard to shop for, especially at the moment since the grocery stores are wiped out of everything. Silk has a consistency like 2% milk, but another brand I tried this week (can't remember the name) is super thick, to the point Carnation Instant Breakfast won't dissolve in it. My newly-vegan sister is trying to get me off milk, and if what the articles say is true about human ingestion of bovine hormones, I probably shouldn't be drinking it. Not making a statement to any of you milk-drinkers, I still drink it when I run out of Almond milk. Making the switch to something equally palatable isn't easy.

I've been trying to make the switch to Almond milk, but the inconsistency between brands makes it hard to shop for, especially at the moment since the grocery stores are wiped out of everything. Silk has a consistency like 2% milk, but another brand I tried this week (can't remember the name) is super thick, to the point Carnation Instant Breakfast won't dissolve in it. My newly-vegan sister is trying to get me off milk, and if what the articles say is true about human ingestion of bovine hormones, I probably shouldn't be drinking it. Not making a statement to any of you milk-drinkers, I still drink it when I run out of Almond milk. Making the switch to something equally palatable isn't easy.
Almond milk tastes like chalk to me. Hence the oat milk

Wife: cheapest skim milk, she doesn't care as long as it is skim
Kids: 1%, 2% organic, except free school milk they will take anything chocolate or non organic.
Me: whatever needs to be clear out in the fridge, I'm always clearing out left overs and this is why my house rarely throw out food, maybe one or two vegetable and orange peels here and there. I'm proud of that. I do prefer soy milk from Asian brands in Asian stores , not the Silk or Soy Dream in the store (they tried too hard to taste like dairy instead of soy milk). I am not sure if it is because they use different beans or pasteurization, the best soy milk I drank is this:

Sunrise Soya Beverage, sweetened. Canadian soy beans (I know the best soybean is from Canada according to a tofu maker I know in my neighborhood when I grew up), the aroma is excellent.

My mom's own soy milk (she make her own with her own soy milk grinder and strainer) is second.

The worst soy milk is from a Tofu / Vegan deli in Saratoga California, that soy milk seems to be undercooked and beans unripe. It tastes like grass clipping.

Those of you who drink oat milk, does it still taste fine when heated, like when having hot bowl of oatmeal with milk?

Flax seed milk tastes pretty good when cold and awful when warmed up.
Just tried the Chobani brand plain oat milk. It tastes great. It has this oaty flavor obviously which I don't mind at all. Also works fine warmed up with oatmeal. I may have found my new favorite.

.a gallon of real whole milk which is unprocessed RAW milk with all the enzymes, vitamins + minerals present because it was NOT over processed, even organic milk being ultrapasteurized-more heat is not so good IMO. many drink for the Vitamin D BUT cheep poorly absorbed D-2 is used after processing kills the D-3 along with most everything else, you need D-3 which is only absorbed with FAT. theres lots to learn about nutrition + a search will show much!! Raw milk is legal in Pa but not everywhere unfortunately!!

I grew up on milk. I once had too much stomach acid and milk helped prevent me from getting heartburn if I drank it with meals. Now I have the opposite : too little stomach acid. Milk is actually a good pH balancer. Then I went for many years without drinking milk but in 1994 I got on something called Life Balances and they told me to drink a glass of milk at least 2x a day to help balance my pH. They took blood and told me I was way too alkaline, but they balanced my pH in 30 days and I felt better. Years later I drifted away from that and have not drank milk in about 18 years. There are so many websites against drinking milk, but I've been thinking about buying milk after 18 years. I'm too alkaline again (saliva pH of 7.4) from eating too many alkaline forming foods like kale. cucumbers, Romaine, etc. I can't tolerate HCL (betaine hydrochloride / stomach acid tablets) any more without milk, and I'm willing to bet I will be able to with milk. I have a long history of low stomach acid.
I really like the taste of milk better than almond milk. I've been going back and forth in my mind over this for the last week or so.

Cream in my coffee, otherwise I do not drink milk. Some times I eat full fat unsweetened Yogurt.

I grew up on milk. I once had too much stomach acid and milk helped prevent me from getting heartburn if I drank it with meals. Now I have the opposite : too little stomach acid. Milk is actually a good pH balancer. Then I went for many years without drinking milk but in 1994 I got on something called Life Balances and they told me to drink a glass of milk at least 2x a day to help balance my pH. They took blood and told me I was way too alkaline, but they balanced my pH in 30 days and I felt better. Years later I drifted away from that and have not drank milk in about 18 years. There are so many websites against drinking milk, but I've been thinking about buying milk after 18 years. I'm too alkaline again (saliva pH of 7.4) from eating too many alkaline forming foods like kale. cucumbers, Romaine, etc. I can't tolerate HCL (betaine hydrochloride / stomach acid tablets) any more without milk, and I'm willing to bet I will be able to with milk. I have a long history of low stomach acid.
I really like the taste of milk better than almond milk. I've been going back and forth in my mind over this for the last week or so.
I just recently go tonto HCL pills. I used to take digestive enzyme pills a couple of times a week, but these HCL pills are amazing!
I still take an enzyme pill a couple times a week, as I find it breaks down food in ways that HCL pills can't quite touch (high protein meals etc).

Back