Do you drink milk regularly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Question per thread title. Do you drink it regularly? If so are your calcium levels good as far as you know?

I found out I may be osteoporosis prone. My diet is pretty varied so I never felt the need to consume milk but I guess I need to consider it. (I have no issues eating cheese or ice cream)

How about supplements? Anyone taking Citracal or OsCal?

There are many food that provide calcium. Humans are the only mammals that drink milk after being weaned. Basically a hoax my the American Dairy Assoc.

Originally Posted By: BHopkins

Sorry, but the arguments that the "don't drink cows milk" crowd come up with are totally lame. Many of them are outright lies.

Kind of ironic, don't you think? The anti cow's milk crowd tell us that we have been given a bill of sale by the dairy producers. Yet isn't that what the alternative products are doing when they market their products as almond milk, soy milk, rice milk, hemp milk? When these products are marketed as "milk", aren't their producers giving the consumer a bill of sale?

If you don't want to drink cows milk, fine. Drink your almond juice or rice water or Gatorade, or whatever you choose. But if you are so insecure about your decision that you feel it necessary to malign anyone who prefers and enjoys milk, then something is wrong with you.

Oooh, and those who fell for the "drink milk or you'll flop onto the floor as a blob of boneless jelly" are so vehement in their own version of lame arguments too eh ?

The alternate "milk substitute" products were my point earlier...

As to lies...where do cows get THEIR calcium from ?

Not drinking milk, that's for sure.

Osteoporosis? Osteoarthritis? Boron! Get your boron! The presence of calcium in the diet is rarely the issue. The problem is that in some cases it cannot be utilized. Many factors play a role in making it so, but boron supplementation is a big step. Boron doesn't get a lot of recognition, but it's an incredibly useful element for the human body, especially those burdened with fluoride and aluminum loads, and the subsequent health issues related.

It's very worth it for anyone struggling with bone issues to research boron in-depth and watch out for the fear mongering surrounding it.

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Osteoporosis? Osteoarthritis? Boron! Get your boron! The presence of calcium in the diet is rarely the issue. The problem is that in some cases it cannot be utilized. Many factors play a role in making it so, but boron supplementation is a big step. Boron doesn't get a lot of recognition, but it's an incredibly useful element for the human body, especially those burdened with fluoride and aluminum loads, and the subsequent health issues related.

It's very worth it for anyone struggling with bone issues to research boron in-depth and watch out for the fear mongering surrounding it.

Yep,
and Vit D, and K2

Half & half in my 3 cups of coffee a day. That's it.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

and Vit D, and K2

You know since your post about K2 I don't feel so bad chowing down on hotdogs and cold cuts as much
thumbsup2.gif

Almond milk.

The reason I quit milk is too long to type. I can tell the short version of that story in one word: Inflammation!

We are the only species that drinks the milk of another.

I don't care for the taste of milk. That said I am surrounded by dairy farms so drink lots of milk.

I grew up on milk, had to shake it to mix the cream on top into the milk. Come home from school or work and scull a bottle. We had milk in primary school too...a pint that had sat outside in the sun all morning. Some kid was always sick over the floor. As a teenager, sitting in the gutter sunday morning with a hangover, we'd buy a bottle of milk, mix in a milkshake powder and drink it.

Then vegetarian, and although I didn't really go vegan, milk just dropped out of my life...sounds like it was common for others not vegetarian too, maybe as we grow older we don't want milk. Anyway, I'm back on dairy, but only have milk in hot drinks. I go through 2 or 3 litres a week - I just see my granddaughter with a glass of milk, that could explain my consumption.

I eat good cheese. Man is the only animal that takes milk from an animal, mixes it with gut juices of a calf, throws salt etc in ferments it with a whole variety of bacteria and yeast, purposely ages it to make some of the most delicious flavors in the world.

But liquid milk, just doesn't smell or taste good or make me feel good. I guess I just like the flavor of the other "gimmick" milks. BUT yeah avoid the sweetened types, holy diabetes in a carton. Also, no soy for me. Soy milk?? Just no.

Last edited:
LOL Pablo, yes, true that.

But storing a protein for years, like we do hams, jerky, salted meat etc. eating the offal the day of the kill and preserving the muscle meat, or pickling and preserving vegetables and fruits are a mechanical process that we invented to provide alternate food stores.

I took a "healthy step" for a couple of weeks, and used cold soaked oats (35g), milk (100g), some LSA and Cashews, probiotic (Yakult) weekdays only, and had "sputnik launch" 3 times a day for the duration.

Poached eggs, baked beans, grilled cheese...even toast with vegemite or peanut butter made better starts to my day.

I drink milk as my main beverage when eating. Go through 2 gallons a week just by myself. I drink 1% though as i don't care for the 2 or 4.

No other animal cooks meat either -we are a long, long way off the diet we were designed for...but somehow we still survive.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: BHopkins

Sorry, but the arguments that the "don't drink cows milk" crowd come up with are totally lame. Many of them are outright lies.

Kind of ironic, don't you think? The anti cow's milk crowd tell us that we have been given a bill of sale by the dairy producers. Yet isn't that what the alternative products are doing when they market their products as almond milk, soy milk, rice milk, hemp milk? When these products are marketed as "milk", aren't their producers giving the consumer a bill of sale?

If you don't want to drink cows milk, fine. Drink your almond juice or rice water or Gatorade, or whatever you choose. But if you are so insecure about your decision that you feel it necessary to malign anyone who prefers and enjoys milk, then something is wrong with you.

Oooh, and those who fell for the "drink milk or you'll flop onto the floor as a blob of boneless jelly" are so vehement in their own version of lame arguments too eh ?

The alternate "milk substitute" products were my point earlier...

As to lies...where do cows get THEIR calcium from ?

Not drinking milk, that's for sure.

I noticed you left out the "if man were meant to drink milk we would produce it ourselves" line. That really is pretty lame. And with all respect, there is the one you used, where you say humans are the only ones to drink milk from another mammal. It really is a pretty lame line, considering there are thousands upon thousands of things that only the human race does. Being unique in doing something that other species do not do, does not make it bad. And then there is the claim that, although I haven't seen it in this discussion I have seen it elsewhere, that the United States is the only society that drinks cows milk. Nothing could be less true. I don't know if that is an outright lie or has been repeated out of ignorance.

really am OK with whatever others want to drink. But it is clear that many of the claims others make to disparage cows milk, really aren't true. Did the dairy association give the American people a bill of sale? Perhaps. But you have to admit that it is also a scam to call the alternatives "milk" in order to make them sound similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back