Losing Weight, down 81 pounds so far

You absolutely should get A1C. McDonald's doctors should always have it done.

But I will say this your BP looks really good. What was it when you were fat?
Everybody, regardless of age should get an HbA1c, aka called A1c, once a year, and those with an elevated A1c should get it done more frequently. People can go with too-high blood glucose levels for years and remain asymptomatic. And by the time they are symptomatic much of the mostly avoidable and most serious damage is done. An A1c test is $20 to $100 wisely invested in one's health. You can get an A1c lab order from your primary care physician, you can buy a home test kit for about $50 at your pharmacy, or you you use a service like Sesame.

Everybody, regardless of age should get an HbA1c, aka called A1c, once a year, and those with an elevated A1c should get it done more frequently. People can go with too-high blood glucose levels for years and remain asymptomatic. And by the time they are symptomatic much of the mostly avoidable and most serious damage is done. An A1c test is $20 to $100 wisely invested in one's health. You can get an A1c lab order from your primary care physician, you can buy a home test kit for about $50 at your pharmacy, or you you use a service like Sesame.
I think people will be looking at insulin levels as much as or more as glucose in the not to distant future.

I think people will be looking at insulin levels as much as or more as glucose in the not to distant future.
Right now, even getting an insulin resistance test done is difficult. The A1c is the primary tool for detecting a problem with sugar metabolism.

You absolutely should get A1C. McDonald's doctors should always have it done.

But I will say this your BP looks really good. What was it when you were fat?
I'll post back when I get real bloodwork back sometime.

Just logged into my doctor's portal and looks like I last had blood work in 2019, didn't realize it was that long ago. My A1C was 5.2 and EAG was 103.

Blood pressure was 170/102 :oops:. Though I don't think it was usually that high. Typically I'd say 150's/90s.

I did go to the doctor last spring but didn't get blood work, blood pressure was 118/76.

Just logged into my doctor's portal and looks like I last had blood work in 2019, didn't realize it was that long ago. My A1C was 5.2 and EAG was 103.

Blood pressure was 170/102 :oops:. Though I don't think it was usually that high. Typically I'd say 150's/90s.

I did go to the doctor last spring but didn't get blood work, blood pressure was 118/76.
Great work Nick. My blood psi is similar to yours since cutting a lot of junk out and walking more.

Nick do you have an automatic blood pressure cuff at home ?

If not… Get one. Omron makes very accurate ones that go for $48 to $65…

Get an arm one not a wrist one. Brachial artery blood pressure cuff way, way more accurate.

Nick do you have an automatic blood pressure cuff at home ?

If not… Get one. Omron makes very accurate ones that go for $48 to $65…

Get an arm one not a wrist one. Brachial artery blood pressure cuff way, way more accurate.
I’ll pick one up.

But I was just at the doctor for a cold I had last week on Friday. Ignore the weight, they didn’t weigh me, random? But they did take my blood pressure manually.

IMG_7458.jpeg

Yeah I highly highly highly doubt you weigh 104 pounds being 6 ft 2… That’s my height as well.

Yeah I think the Omron bp cuff may well be a good idea. The 170/102 was interesting… And 150s over 90s is getting a good bit elevated at those levels. Though to be fair blood pressure is very changeable at times.

I believe taking it at home routinely is better vs at a physician office.

Heck my blood pressure was 200/100 the night I had the Camry land on my left thumb… :LOL:

Back