Milk: what kind do you drink?

Well, I might turn you off, but my wife turned me on to Viet coffee, which is slow filtered to be SUPER strong, with sweetened condensed milk added to cut the bitterness. Heaven.

I need to dig out my bur grinder, make my own course ground and French press some. I might do that tomorrow. Oh, how the bean oils coat your tongue when they’re not filtered through paper! Mmmm

Not turned off at all! Makes me want to get a "wife" so she can make me Viet Coffee :ROFLMAO:

I'm not a baby cow, and cow udder juice is generally disgusting to me. Oddly it even stinks to me.

We drink some unsweetened almond milk and better, unsweetened almond coconut milk. But mostly use it in cooking and such. Not a soy fan, oat milk and dope milk are overly expensive and not my favorite. I use Nutpods vanilla in my coffee. I used to love chocolate milk many many years ago, I bought a small container just to use as a chocolate coffee creamer...........the small 1/2 pint (?) bottle was like 1400 calories. WOW! I think a whole big glass of unsweetened almond milk is like 30 calories.

That said, bring on the eggnog!!!

Malk.jpg

Organic Whole Milk - Costco brand with fish oil in it.
It's the only milk that doesn't give me the bubble guts.

I haven’t ever tried the heavy cream in mine. That gives me something to try next time.
Try to find a brand that doesn't have any thickeners or gum in them. It's not as objectionable when used in coffee, but if you make whipped cream you can tell the stuff is in the cream. I know why they add it but I don't like the mouthfeel when it's present.

Since I’ve lost a lot of weight and been eating healthier I drink oat milk. Almond milk I tried, couldn’t stand the chalky taste. Even gave up the occasional buttermilk I love. What is the milk of choice in your household?
Skim. I lowered my cholesterol by an easy 10% when I switched to skim years ago. I hated it because it was like water but now I can't stand anything thicker. I like almond milk, too, but not as a replacement. I just can't give up milk altogether. Lol!

I personally do not see a reason or need to habitually drink milk or really any drinks that contain sugar/calories. This is not to say I dont enjoy beer on or other caloric drinks on occasion. But my preference would be whole milk.

When you pay for any Dairy, you are paying for the Fat so why water it down?

I personally do not see a reason or need to habitually drink milk or really any drinks that contain sugar/calories. This is not to say I dont enjoy beer on or other caloric drinks on occasion. But my preference would be whole milk.

When you pay for any Dairy, you are paying for the Fat so why water it down?
I heard milk is good for you and strengthens your bones.

Yes it is, milk has calcium in it which is good for your bones and teeth but doesn't absorb into the body very well so they figured out that Vitamin D helps absorb calcium into the body plus Vitamin D is also good for your bones, win win.
Oh ok I get it. Thanks for clairifying.

Back