Michelin CrossClimate2 Installed

FIL's 2008 Camry needed new tires because the Premiers had worn to 3/32". Michelin discontinued the Premier A/S in his size (215/60-16, V) so the CrossClimate2's are the only Michelin option available.

Between the $140 sales promotion and the warranty credit, the acquisition cost was low. Consumer Reports recently tested these and ranked them well above the other options in its class, but this was primarily driven by their snow performance. Our climate has been fairly dry in recent years so we'll see how these perform for dry conditions. During my drive home from the tire shop I found the tires to be extremely quiet and soft-riding.

9BCC8A97-874B-47BC-B067-CA6941869C31.jpeg

CF127621-230A-4117-9DFA-A379F311A3BC.jpeg

DA25D062-F251-494C-B564-CE8C95AC434F.jpeg

I wonder whether a lot of gravel will stick in those treads; I have a long gravel driveway and some tires, like General R45's are a real bear. Others like General Assurance or Goodyear Eagle are not. Let us know if you have the occasion to do so.

I wanted to buy them, but at that time (2017) they did not come in 20" in NorthAmerica, so I settled for the Toyo Celcius which have also been very good.

I wonder whether a lot of gravel will stick in those treads; I have a long gravel driveway and some tires, like General R45's are a real bear. Others like General Assurance or Goodyear Eagle are not. Let us know if you have the occasion to do so.

The original CC did catch gravel, but that could be a bonus on ice? Anyway, once worn a bit this stops

who can compare to cc+? they can be loud at times, and too firm when cold.
cc2 not yet in my area, but ready to consider these...(if problems are fixed)

Reactions: FZ1
I was looking at these for my wife's 2019 RX 350 which ate through the OEM tires in 25k miles even though alignment is fine and they were rotated every 5k miles. Everything I've read online says they perform well and have good tread life - anyone read anything different?

Theoretically you can dismount and flip, but that is a lot of work.

I keep seeing these whenever I quote tires and I refuse to quote them because they just look like a noise complaint.
I do similar, and usually only need to remount later fronts 1 time - seems worth it to me!
(We are a hard cornering family, and tend to wear outsides on cars. I chart tires, and usually a single front remount will pay for itself, IF I do it early enough. I overtly mark the tires, carefully explain, and watch carefully, from a distance I can see correct remount. Regular tires and 2 sets of hydroedges, so far. Looking for ward to these).

Back