Hankook Kinergy PT Review

I have Hankook Kinergy ST tires on 2 vehicles. The mazda and elantra. The elantra has 20k on them and they are worn, the rears have 4/32 the fronts 6/32.

They have been rotated regularly and tire pressure maintained. They are worn very evenly.

I think i will get 10k more miles out of them and they will be done. The rears will not go back on the fronts, when the fronts hit 4/32. I'm replacing them.

I do drive a bit harder in the corners than some people, but these tires will hardly make it to 1/2 of the 70k warranty.

I don't know how Discount tire handles warranties. If i get a pro-rated amount, is that only toward more Hankook tires?

If so, i'll just eat it and put on continental true contacts next.

Last edited:
I have Hankook Kinergy ST tires on 2 vehicles. The mazda and elantra. The elantra has 20k on them and they are worn, the rears have 4/32 the fronts 6/32.

They have been rotated regularly and tire pressure maintained. They are worn very evenly.

I think i will get 10k more miles out of them and they will be done. The rears will not go back on the fronts, when the fronts hit 4/32. I'm replacing them.

I do drive a bit harder in the corners than some people, but these tires will hardly make it to 1/2 of the 70k warranty.

I don't know how Discount tire handles warranties. If i get a pro-rated amount, is that only toward more Hankook tires?

If so, i'll just eat it and put on continental true contacts next.

Funny enough I had Continental TrueContact Tour on my Mazda3, good tire, a bit softer than the Hankook PT, but couldn't balance two of them, decided to get rid of it while I could exchange them and got my last set of Michelin Defender T+H, which I replaced with the Hankook's. I already have 6000 km on them, no sign of wear, very well balanced with little weight. I can't complain really.

I ran plenty of the H727/H737 (previous version of 'kinergy') tires on my vehicles and mom's commuter. No issues. Long lasting, very cheap with multiple rebates at the time (like $240 + install, cheap), way better value than anything else. Wore even and long lasting.
*shrug*

Back