Michelin CrossClimate2 Installed

I was born and raised in California. I stand by my statement. I always get but they may be going skiing, yeah maybe once in the winter. Those tires are overkill for California.
I hate to be one of those people that live in Mammoth Lakes this past weekend.... since it snowed about 6" last weekend. We were talking about it last weekend at the Far West Ski Association Convention.

As a person that goes snowboarding at least monthly to Mammoth, it isn't overkill, especially on a AWD/4WD car, since stopping on a packed snow covered hill is very important to prevent rear-ending someone.

I hate to be one of those people that live in Mammoth Lakes this past weekend.... since it snowed about 6" last weekend. We were talking about it last weekend at the Far West Ski Association Convention.

As a person that goes snowboarding at least monthly to Mammoth, it isn't overkill, especially on a AWD/4WD car, since stopping on a packed snow covered hill is very important to prevent rear-ending someone.
Explaining to people that stopping is what matters not going forward is becoming on par explaining flat earthers that earth is round.

Depends on where in California one lives.

Thanks for the review Critic.

Been wondering about these, living in the mountains I cross the snow line every day in the winter.

My excellent Firestone Destination LE-2's are getting thing and its time to think about it.
LE2's were a death trap for me. Slide so bad in the rain. Any modern tire will impress you!

LE2's were a death trap for me. Slide so bad in the rain. Any mer had an issue odern tire will impress you!
hmm...never had an issue.

Could be because my rigs AWD is really good and may be covering for shortcoming though?

I was born and raised in California. I stand by my statement. I always get but they may be going skiing, yeah maybe once in the winter. Those tires are overkill for California.
I live in Southern California, where it hasn’t rained for what seems like a couple of centuries. I also opted specifically for the CrossClimate 2 tires to be installed on my MKC. The comfort, quiet ride, handling and traction are beyond any other tire I have ever owned in over forty years of driving. Even if these tires never see winter, they are so good at everything else that they are worth it.

It’s important to remember that the CrossClimate 2 tires replaced four separate tire lines, and they did so for a reason. I have no regrets.

FIL's 2008 Camry needed new tires because the Premiers had worn to 3/32". Michelin discontinued the Premier A/S in his size (215/60-16, V) so the CrossClimate2's are the only Michelin option available.

Between the $140 sales promotion and the warranty credit, the acquisition cost was low. Consumer Reports recently tested these and ranked them well above the other options in its class, but this was primarily driven by their snow performance. Our climate has been fairly dry in recent years so we'll see how these perform for dry conditions. During my drive home from the tire shop I found the tires to be extremely quiet and soft-riding.

View attachment 68315
View attachment 68316
View attachment 68317
What's the mileage warranty, 70K-75K?

hmm...never had an issue.

Could be because my rigs AWD is really good and may be covering for shortcoming though?
I noticed this in a Jeep Grand Cherokee with QD2/AWD in a corner, lol. 4 wheel slide easy peasy. Interestingly, the Jeep was very well controlled and it was a pretty boss looking move, if unintentional. They were the absolutely most underwhelming all-seasons I've ever driven on wet pavement though.

I noticed this in a Jeep Grand Cherokee with QD2/AWD in a corner, lol. 4 wheel slide easy peasy. Interestingly, the Jeep was very well controlled and it was a pretty boss looking move, if unintentional. They were the absolutely most underwhelming all-seasons I've ever driven on wet pavement though.

Well they weren't as good in the wet as my Michelin Primacies were, but those weren't 3 peak rated and I ran into chain control

They are getting thin at 50 K and I'm looking myself so Im curious to see what the inmates think and have been looking at the new Michelins as well, but I heard they aren't as directionally stable as some and tramline.

I checked out the LE2 on tire rack and see it indeed got a wish for "slight" increase in wet would be nice but scored fairly well but indeed not top of the heap.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 5.01.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 5.00.29 AM.png

Last edited:
Well they weren't as good in the wet as my Michelin Primacies were, but those weren't 3 peak rated and I ran into chain control

They are getting thin at 50 K and I'm looking myself so Im curious to see what the inmates think and have been looking at the new Michelins as well, but I heard they aren't as directionally stable as some and tramline.

I checked out the LE2 on tire rack and see it indeed got a wish for "slight" increase in wet would be nice but scored fairly well but indeed not top of the heap.

View attachment 74339

View attachment 74340
My CC2 are very stable and do not tramline at all. How could they without circumferential grooves?

My CC2 are very stable and do not tramline at all. How could they without circumferential grooves?

The lack of circumferential grooves is whats Ive read causes directional stability issues or wandering.

View attachment 74339

View attachment 74340
IIRC these have been replaced by LE 3's

IIRC these have been replaced by LE 3's
You can still get the 2's, but Id be more interested in a top 5 performer than top 12 on a repurchase.

That said I did not have experience the wet handling WS6 did,
To be fair I didnt push them to see where they broke away when wet though.

I did a fair amount wet, snow, offroading, and highway, and towing miles on them.

To this unfamiliar Cali is an enormous state with a wide range of climates and conditions.
Larger than the country of Italy or Germany, and about 25% smaller than Spain and 37% than France -
On the flatlands the rain you do get has 200+ days of oil waiting on the roads nothing does great on the first rainfall.

Back