Mercedes CLA 250 at 100k miles; unknown oil unknown miles

But I must say I couldn't resist the Molygen for at least one time not 100% on what I will go with when my stash is depleted once I get my STP UOA back and it shows good numbers I may just continue to stock back up on it since My VW passats never had an issue on the stuff since the first change
The UOA doesn't show "how the Molygen did" compared to another oil, it shows how your engine is operating. "Good numbers" come from your engine and specific operating conditions. You especially can't compare across vehicles.

If it were MB 229.5, you should be fine for 10k. My older 2008 E-350 was originally speced for 13k oil change intervals but then MB later lowered it to 10k. I normally do 8-10k on the oil all the time but then my sump does 8.5 quarts. Usually do Castrol or Mobil 1 0w40 but occasionally Pennzoil 5w40 when it was on sale.

Hello friends here is the first UOA on the wife's
CLA 250 new to us with exactly 100k on the odo.

Unknown oil out mileage unknown had a Valvoline oil sticker in the window but to faded to read had to get it changed out for peace of mind

Had lots of STP EURO 5W40 left over from the VW Passat going to do a 3k run and a UOA to post up and see if the STP shows good numbers as I have lots of it on hand

Let me know what the BITOG minds think about the posted UOA and if anything looks out of safe levelsView attachment 93688
That could very well be MB 229.5 brand oil. FYI Molygen is not MB approved.

Well what ever it was with the TBN shown in the UOA it hadn't been in the car long! Not being a mind reader why would you have ever ran this UOA?
I ran this UOA only for the purpose of knowing the metal content and to establish my first of the 5 remaining NAPA oil kits I purchased

Back