McDonalds brings back McRib sandwich nationwide

I remember a Hindu guy who thought hamburgers were made from ham. He wasn't going to eat his burger so we told him we were just kidding. But he had been eating them for over a year and we didn't think it mattered at that point as he claimed he didn't eat cows.

The guy who swore off McDonald's told me that he tried a burger once knowing what it was. Took one bite and spit it out. It just grossed him out.

I don't think there's pink slime in the McRib, just ground meat and meat glue to make it moldable. McDonald's stopped using pink slime, which is ammonia-treated beef, in 2011. I'm not going to wrap my lips around that in either case.

The guy who swore off McDonald's told me that he tried a burger once knowing what it was. Took one bite and spit it out. It just grossed him out.
Their burgers might be the worst of the three. Although now they're supposed to make the 1/4 pounders fresh when you order them instead of having them sit in the warming trays like the regular burgers. Burger King can be decent if you know enough to order it off the broiler. Then they make it fresh and it's not that bad. The local chain restaurants that make it fresh and charge you about $15 for a burger make pretty decent ones, when you order them medium rare, you get them that way.

Their burgers might be the worst of the three. Although now they're supposed to make the 1/4 pounders fresh when you order them instead of having them sit in the warming trays like the regular burgers. Burger King can be decent if you know enough to order it off the broiler. Then they make it fresh and it's not that bad. The local chain restaurants that make it fresh and charge you about $15 for a burger make pretty decent ones, when you order them medium rare, you get them that way.

I don't know if the one he tried was McDonald's or not. He just said he got curious and tried a burger. I don't think it really had anything to do with McDonald's per se. Just that he'd never tried it before and he just freaked out. Being Hindu itself may not be that big a deal. I know of quite a few (especially from Calcutta) who have no qualms about eating beef. One can find a decent beef burger in India.

I don't know if they still use fresh beef, but there was a time when they had their app coupon specials and one could order almost anything for a $1 once per day. Eventually they figured it wasn't working out and it changed to once per week. Then to $2 once per week. But yeah the burger was quite good when it was never frozen beef and cooked rather fresh.

giphy.gif

I used to like McRibs when I was a kid, but then again, I also ate school lunches without much fuss. LOL

Burger King still has a 2 for $5 Whopper deal going on. I hate to say it, but as for what you get for the price, it's probably the best deal going right now and at better level of quality. The Whopper is exactly the same thing you would end up with at any generic home BBQ party with all the standard cheap fixings from the grocery store. I also have a heart that is sensitive to preservatives and always get issues when eating McDonald's. Not at BK, which doesn't soak their food in formaldehyde death concentrate. ;)

Extra points at BK when they had an 8 piece spicy nugget deal for $1. Get two Whoppers + nuggets + BBQ sauce. Toss 4 nuggets on each Whopper and drench in sauce for extra fancy dining!

I'm sure its ribs......ribs from what? Well... :D
Well then you're wrong. It's not real ribs. Just meat formed to look like ribs.

The McRib consists of a restructured boneless pork patty shaped like a miniature rack of ribs, barbecue sauce, onions, and pickles, served as a sandwich on a 5½ inch (14 cm) roll. Meat restructuring was developed by the US Army to deliver low-cost meat to troops in the field. The process was refined by a Natick Army Labs meat scientist, Dr. Roger Mandigo, leading to the McRib patty. It is primarily composed of ground pork shoulder.

Have you seen the dollar menu lately? they have $2, and $3 dollar stuff on dollar menu now.
Yeah instead of the dollar menu, it should be called Dollars menu. Or maybe they're just banking on the poor state of education these days.

Well then you're wrong. It's not real ribs. Just meat formed to look like ribs.

The McRib consists of a restructured boneless pork patty shaped like a miniature rack of ribs, barbecue sauce, onions, and pickles, served as a sandwich on a 5½ inch (14 cm) roll. Meat restructuring was developed by the US Army to deliver low-cost meat to troops in the field. The process was refined by a Natick Army Labs meat scientist, Dr. Roger Mandigo, leading to the McRib patty. It is primarily composed of ground pork shoulder.

"..restructured..." Oh that's better🤢 The things I used to eat.....

Back