McDonalds brings back McRib sandwich nationwide

I dont recall their nuggets or burgers being bad, just very ordinary classic frozen stuff.

Thing is I have much better choices. For chicken nuggets I go to Chick Fil-A.

For Burgers I go to In-n-out, 5 guys, or the local burger joints.

On the local Burger front we have an old school drive-in with window service and small chain called "burgers and cream" - both make a killer burger and I figure the smaller outfits may need my business a bit more than a mega chain.

Mcdonalds ties in their breakfast offerings with Carls Jr biscuits.
Yeah we have Chick Fil-A. But I don’t eat their nuggets I get 3 chicken sandwiches when I go there with extra pickles lol. We don’t have In-N-Out and we have Hardee’s in place of Carl’s Jr. Five Guys to me is gross besides the fries lol I don’t like well done burgers.

Yeah we have Chick Fil-A. But I don’t eat their nuggets I get 3 chicken sandwiches when I go there with extra pickles lol. We don’t have In-N-Out and we have Hardee’s in place of Carl’s Jr. Five Guys to me is gross besides the fries lol I don’t like well done burgers.

Sandwiches are great but harder to eat when rolling - If Im stopping Ill get a sandwich if eating and driving - nuggets.

So Mcdonalds cooks a 1/8 inch patty medium now?

I don't go to Mickey Dee's much lately. But I used to when I held a steering wheel for long periods of time for an employer.
Four McDoubles and a small frie. Hand them a five and get change back. I was in awesome physical condition and ate like ten men.

Really restructured meat? I can’t believe it taste as good as it does lol I can eat a 40 piece mcgnugget all to myself and multiple of their burgers to me it’s one of the best burgers I’ve had.
Wow, I think McDonalds is rated pretty low on their burgers. I think their quarter pounder might be decent now as it's fresh meat not frozen like their regular hamburgers and they're supposed to make it fresh when they're ordered. But you should get out more, a burger at a regular sit down restaurant is usually the best burger, especially if you can get them to make it medium rare. Of course that's probably not a good idea right now.

Wow, I think McDonalds is rated pretty low on their burgers. I think their quarter pounder might be decent now as it's fresh meat not frozen like their regular hamburgers and they're supposed to make it fresh when they're ordered. But you should get out more, a burger at a regular sit down restaurant is usually the best burger, especially if you can get them to make it medium rare. Of course that's probably not a good idea right now.
I don’t know what it is but I always get a couple mcdoubles and they are just so good just only cheese and pickle on them yummy in my opinion much better than places like Red Robin or Five Guys who won’t cook a medium rare burger. Burgers made at home are ok too just my parents always want to grill them so they get a little over done.

I haven’t had a McRib in years, I might have to revisit it. I used to LOVE their fish sandwich! I occasionally try one hoping it has improved but It’s been terrible for the last decade or so.

I think since the pink slime exposé, McDonald’s has been cleaning up their act somewhat. Their patties have been reformulated, and McNuggets also have been reformulated to all white meat chicken, and less processing.
Speaking of McD’s, I had their new spicy McNuggets a while ago. Not bad, it’s an enjoyable heat, not a bold hot like Popeye’s Spicy or Krispy Krunchy.

Red Robin and Apple Bees make the BEST hamburgers.
Anyone remember Fuddruckers?
World’s Greatest Hamburgers® | Fuddruckers®

Well, this thread prompted me to try the McR again … well, uh, the onion looked real !
Will go the extra $2 for a brisket sandwich next door … little shack makes great bbq !

I tried one a couple of years ago, despite having read a lot of comments like the ones in this thread. I thought it was good. Sauce was too 'tame' to be called barbeque sauce, but they have to cater to the delicate palettes out there. I'm well aware that these things are made of rejected pieces of pork that can't be used for anything else, pressed into the shape of a tiny rack of ribs. It's indeed mystery meat, because you could never identify the part of the pig (or whatever) it came from. I enjoyed it, but knowing what it is prevents me from returning to the scene of that crime. When I'm craving a pork sandwich, it'll be pulled pork from the barbeque joint near my house.

Well, this thread prompted me to try the McR again … well, uh, the onion looked real !
Will go the extra $2 for a brisket sandwich next door … little shack makes great bbq !
I miss my trips to TX. I spent a lot of time in Austin and San Antonio. On each trip, I would make a point to escape a work lunch or dinner, get off the highways and seek out the local BBQ. I was never disappointed.

Last edited:
I miss my trips to TX. I spent a lot of time in Austin and San Antonio. On each trip, I would make a point to escape a work lunch or dinner, get off the highways and seek out the local BBQ. I was never disappointed.
I do the same … going to San Antonio a couple months back … took the exit to Luling …
The City Market was taking orders curbside so had to eat in the vehicle … but worth it !

I miss this … hopefully coming back soon 😷

43C483FB-7607-4E13-959B-FECE7AD00652.jpg

There is a tik-tok video going viral showing the McRib prior to being cooked. It is getting huge attention as the rib looks like a piece of styrofoam. I don't have or understand tik-tok to post a link.

Back