McDonalds brings back McRib sandwich nationwide

My favorite............OK in this special category is Jack In The Box, but they all do it.

Look at the pictures and videos of the food, the sammiches. Then go order them and look at the sad pieces of shxx all wrapped and boxed. I am sorry but that alone should make you swear off this junk. It is funny though and wow I have never seen output from Jack that was even remotely close to the promoted images!

That my friends may be the very best reason to take kids out to fast food restaurants. Don't buy the hype, eat the shxx sammich, believe everything people tell you, and so on.

Last edited:
Funny I had one yesterday, and ran into this thread today.

It's OK. Basically a pork patty sandwich with some not-to-tangy BBQ sauce. The best part was the crunch and flavor contrast with the fresh onions and pickles on it. Worst part was wishing for some smoke or charred flavor that simply wasn't there.

There are better foods around, but when it comes to pork, it is pretty much the only option in the national fast food chain market.

There are ~ 5 good local BBQ places within a 30 minute drive of my place, so pretty far down on the choice for me if I want pork... but if I'm already in line at McD's for the kids, yeah, I'll have one.

I tried a bite of my dads I have to admit it was good. I’ll get one to try it just with no onions I hate onions I’ll get extra pickles on it though. It was actually pretty good I’m impressed.

It's pork of one kind or another. Just kind of pressed into something that sort of looks like ribs.

mcrib.jpg
I wouldn’t be shocked if Pierre Foods was the supplier for the McRib patties. It vaguely reminds me of the pork “rib” patty sandwiches served in grade school for hot lunch.

now that I say it, I might have one for the nostalgia value.

They had a bunch of labs out there. I think that's where they came up with MREs.
I was just about to say that I can’t be the only person on earth who thinks the McRib sounds terrible, but once had to eat the “pork rib, imitation, boneless” MRE and loved it. Then realized it’s probably the same as the McRib— but I’ve still never had a McRib!

My first time hearing about the McRib was in the 80s when I saw it listed as one of the instant win food items from a McDonald's instant win/collecting game. I'd never seen one before, but when I visited a relative in Southern California, she mentioned something about it like it was a common thing. I'd never seen one before.

I also have a one moment I'll remember. I couldn't find me dog, which had run off. My dog was getting older, was missing teeth, and only ate canned or semi-moist dog food. My dog was finally found and I went to my county animal services. However, my dog was lethargic and didn't want to eat. However, I had a McRib and at least that went down even though the regular dog food didn't. I later found out that my dog was suffering from kidney failure. The vet kept my dog overnight, used an IV drip to to hydrate/feed, but told me that my options were treatment that might allow a month more or to euthanize. I chose the latter. However, I'll always remember that the last solid food that my dog ever had was a McRib.

Mystery meat pressed into the shape of a rib with bland "BBQ" sauce poured on. No thanks. For those who eat those things please do yourself a favor and find some real BBQ instead.
Tried to buy some KC BBQ a week ago. The bank was closed so I could not get a loan for the overpriced local BBQ.

Fries and those "pies" (empanadas really) were done in beef tallow. Later on they said they used 100% vegetable shortening, but they also used "natural beef extract". That didn't go well with certain people who didn't eat beef. A (Hindu) friend of mine said he'd never go back to McDonald's.
I'm happy he won't be back, less people trying to "Change" things

Back