McDonalds brings back McRib sandwich nationwide

You have things backwards. It's not the fast food companies job to tell you how to make food at home. People are just too lazy to cook food at home so for those too lazy which is a large part of the population or don't have time, there's fast food. They're only catering to a market that already exists.

As for a burger, the best mix is an 80% mix, but 90% is ok too, just not as juicy. Just like medium rare is the best for a steak, but some like them rare and some like them well done with ketchup.
I dont think I have things backwards if some reread my post. But I do agree with the "lazy line" ... and due agree the market exists.
The reason I dont have it backwards is "marketing" created much more demand then previously existed.
Its all good though, we are a free people and my point is, again, if you re-read. Modern day marketing is a phycological science. The majority of the population can be trained to accept and eat anything no matter the consequences.
We even have the capability to train people to accept one color over another. Your living in a new age. Even your post yourself, "dont have the time to prepare a meal" a convenient excuse to be lazy. If you dont have the time to prepare a meal, then one must rearrange their life.

Modern day marketing is a phycological science. The majority of the population can be trained to accept and eat anything no matter the consequences.
We even have the capability to train people to accept one color over another. Your living in a new age.
Sounds like how the auto industry trained us into driving big honking SUVs. 30 or 40 years ago you couldn't get a soccer mom to sit in a truck let alone drive one every day.

Isn't all deli meat like that? A ham or turkey doesn't naturally come in a log shape.
Ive read your posts and the one to me on the other page. We are free to eat whatever we want. You certainly are as well and dont look down on you. My discussions and posts have to do with the health issues of prepared food and processed food. Most like you do eat it for taste and that's ok just dont kid yourself that its not doing damage to a significant portion of the population at huge health care costs maybe more so then people who smoke or better said no different. But I do believe, we are free individuals... so its all good.
My point is, corporate marketing and food processing as well as test trials right down to the type of poop their food makes on human test subjects is a formula to keep you coming back and the processing and chemicals added are certainly not native to the human body for nutrition.

The disconnect from reality and marketing is right in ones face. Simply look at any fast food advertising or chain restaurant. The public sees those photos of the delicious looking food, tasty burgers huge and nice green lettuce, they then go to that place to eat but know full well what they see in the ads they are not going to be able to get at the restaurant because that's an ad and expected but the company marketing worked, they went there to eat and they forget all about the photos of that super great looking burger once they eat the yummy tasty chemical burger full of health destroying fat, sodium and other unknowns = marketing.

Last edited:
Sounds like how the auto industry trained us into driving big honking SUVs. 30 or 40 years ago you couldn't get a soccer mom to sit in a truck let alone drive one every day.
"Soccer Mom", what a terrible label! And what is with parents kids these days? I rode my bike many miles to school. If I wanted to play soccer ( which I wouldn't ) I 'd Ride my bike to the soccer field and I don't need my mom there to watch me.

Now, Have you ever gotten a soccer mom in to the back of a conversion van?

If I wanted to play soccer ( which I wouldn't ) I 'd Ride my bike to the soccer field and I don't need my mom there to watch me.
And if you lost the game you would still get a trophy these days just for participation. Heaven forbid kids today have to lose at something. It would bruise their sensitive egos.

McDonald's is garbage compared to the 60's and 70's - their sauces are terrible. They ruined the fries by going away from lard and the deep fried Hot apple pie is no more - the only reason I went there, though I've been seen there sometimes for pancake and sausage patties breakfast on the road.

Fries and those "pies" (empanadas really) were done in beef tallow. Later on they said they used 100% vegetable shortening, but they also used "natural beef extract". That didn't go well with certain people who didn't eat beef. A (Hindu) friend of mine said he'd never go back to McDonald's.

That's because there were large station wagons. Cafe killed the large wagons, enter the suv.

Fries and those "pies" (empanadas really) were done in beef tallow. Later on they said they used 100% vegetable shortening, but they also used "natural beef extract". That didn't go well with certain people who didn't eat beef. A (Hindu) friend of mine said he'd never go back to McDonald's.

I remember a Hindu guy who thought hamburgers were made from ham. He wasn't going to eat his burger so we told him we were just kidding. But he had been eating them for over a year and we didn't think it mattered at that point as he claimed he didn't eat cows.

They made a brief appearance here in late '82. Winnipeg is a test market; if it sells here, it'll sell anywhere.

As I recall, the McRib back then consisted in fatty mystery meat in a sweet gooey reddish sauce in an unappealing white-bread bun with messy little particles on it.

One and done for me ... McRib rivalled McLean for McDonalds' flops.

I love these threads.
Someone here included the phrase, "when will you people get serious about your health...". That covers a lot.
Grinding up animals isn't bad per se but the additional stuff is from the devil.
Their whole bag is salt-sugar-fat. Spices are too expensive in their business model.
Someone did mention "addictiveness" (paraphrasing) in this thread.
The, "It makes jobs, generates sales, generates taxes and nobody's forcing you to eat anything" argument isn't good enough anymore.
You gotta be smarter and more discerning.
Heaven forbid every-other McD's turns into a real restaurant with a realistic menu using real ingredients.

FYI: Chain restaurants are buying up small, failed-due-to-COVID restaurant leases all over.
Wholesomeness, charm, originality and personalization sometimes cost. Once they're gone an investment hump is needed to restore them.
Catch on people! You can't embrace being careless and foolish every time you can.
...and I ain't talking about a hot dog once a year at a ballpark either.

I mentioned "pink slime" to my nieces-one of whom had graduated nursing school-and they looked at me like I was taking their cell phones away.
I hate to say it but it was nearly pathetic.

NOTE: Tiger Stadium (RIP) in Detroit was the only place I've ever seen dogs and sausages prepared with any panache'.

I dont think I have things backwards if some reread my post. But I do agree with the "lazy line" ... and due agree the market exists.
The reason I dont have it backwards is "marketing" created much more demand then previously existed.
Yeah, you still have it backwards. Marketing creates additional demand, like people go more often. I know people that have never been to McDonalds. Do you think a few more ads will make them go?

One and done for me ... McRib rivalled McLean for McDonalds' flops.
Not really, at least they bring back McRib occasionally. I don't think they've brought back McLean. I think there's a bunch of other ones like pizza, chicken wings, etc.

How many decades have they made these....off and on? A few.
Seriously, the reason they don't keep these on the menu full time is because they are a flash-in-the-pan item.
They sell okay for a month or two and then they put the item into hiatus for awhile because people get tired of them.
Then, years later, when their marketing division thinks they can make a quick profit...for a month or two..they are brought back.
I've had one or two when they came out and then tried one again many years later. I'll pass.

There is a whole documentary on the McRib

McDonalds buys pork when it’s good and cheap enough to make a big profit

They are being introduced now for the same reason most Subway locations don’t have a single beef product right now.

Each time the McRib rolls around the pork futures go up enough to stop sales

A few more ads?
Yeah, you still have it backwards. Marketing creates additional demand, like people go more often. I know people that have never been to McDonalds. Do you think a few more ads will make them go?

Not really, at least they bring back McRib occasionally. I don't think they've brought back McLean. I think there's a bunch of other ones like pizza, chicken wings, etc.
your still backwards but I’ll just end with this, McDonalds spends 200,000,000 dollars in marketing for the year, aka two hundred million, almost one quarter of a billion dollars, you can’t really believe that’s is for no reason.
ok enjoy your McRib 🙃

I really liked their pizza!

Back