McDonalds brings back McRib sandwich nationwide

Or maybe:

31085ceabf0f5ddedb01237d625bd6cd.gif
I listen to a talk radio guy that references this movie all the time.

His consensus was that when you know what it is, there’s no need to watch the movie. Lol

How many decades have they made these....off and on? A few.
Seriously, the reason they don't keep these on the menu full time is because they are a flash-in-the-pan item.
They sell okay for a month or two and then they put the item into hiatus for awhile because people get tired of them.
Then, years later, when their marketing division thinks they can make a quick profit...for a month or two..they are brought back.
I've had one or two when they came out and then tried one again many years later. I'll pass.
My opinion to the people who enjoy these things: Enjoy them while they are here, because they will be gone soon. Also, you really need to broaden your culinary horizons.

Eating fast food is like a death wish, no different then smoking or being overweight ... it aint food, its what used to be dog food, cleaned up/processed for human consumption. ;)

Gotta love those new meatless burgers, another marketing miracle by the food industry, Your kidding yourself, a processed chemical burger made from plant material to taste like meat. Unbelievable what the public with the help of the media can be convinced to spend their hard earned money on. Last thing the fast food and dining industry wants you to do is understand how good food can be if you cooked and prepared your own at home as they could no longer could collect the 600% markups for the cr+p they sell you.

If you want a burger, which I even enjoy once in a while, how about 90% or more chopped lean beef from your local grocer? Its awesome!

Last edited:
Eating fast food is like a death wish, no different then smoking or being overweight ... it aint food, its what used to be dog food, cleaned up/processed for human consumption. ;)

Gotta love those new meatless burgers, another marketing miracle by the food industry, Your kidding yourself, a processed chemical burger made from plant material to taste like meat. Unbelievable what the public with the help of the media can be convinced to spend their hard earned money on. Last thing the fast food and dining industry wants you to do is understand how good food can be if you cooked and prepared your own at home as they could no longer could collect the 600% markups for the cr+p they sell you.

If you want a burger, which I even enjoy once in a while, how about 90% or more chopped lean beef from your local grocer? Its awesome!

I agree.

Any carnivore like myself/yourself.. if you have a burger made from plants it WILL NOT taste the same.. I went to Burger King last night to try to at least do something special for this holiday and I was reminded of why I don't go. Half the chicken fries were almost uneatably crispy (overcooked and/or old) and the other half.. ate so fast it wasn't worth the 2 for $5 on them. And one sandwich cost like $5.50 or something.

My guess with the plant burgers 🍔 is they try to use the George Foreman approach and out tasty sauce or some kind of meat flavor on weird stuff .. in other words, they pee on your leg and tell you it's raining.

I found rib meat sandwiches in singles in the grocery store for a dollar-fifty ea. in the FF section.
Good when I need a microwave rib meat fix. It has a bit of a rib meat flavour. Better than Chicken Nuggets
rib sandwich.jpg

McDonald's is garbage compared to the 60's and 70's - their sauces are terrible. They ruined the fries by going away from lard and the deep fried Hot apple pie is no more - the only reason I went there, though I've been seen there sometimes for pancake and sausage patties breakfast on the road.

Or Maybe a Sausage Biscuit - those are good biscuits, Say's the Scot !

Eating in the car, The first time you cut through the Styrofoam tray with that plastic knife - with the pancake stack all loaded with butter and syrup - and the syrup goes all over your pants ... you wont do that again for for a few years!

Wendy's Singles were good when Dave was alive in the early 80's.
They were hot, big fresh, loose, fatty, tasty and cooked Just enough.
And Wendy's used to have normal fat cut fries. Not any more. I don't like skin on fries.

Now they are just no good. Though I have their chili now and then. It's just OK.

I haven't tried 5 guys or Fuddruckers. I'm not much of a burger guy anymore.
Used to go to Friendly's in the 70's for a sit down meal. Burger on toast with crinkle cut fries and a plain Malted milk shake with extra malt. Back when there were real soda jerks.
They were pretty darn good. That may be a Massachusetts thing.

- Ken

I agree, and maybe addicting too.

But one McRib every few-10 years ain't killing anybody. The dog food comment is over the top for sure.
No its not over the top by any means. Science and manufacturing efficiency has found a way to use what used to be waste meat (pink slime) and put into pet foods is now processed into human food. THIS WAS ONLY APPROVED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION IN 2001
Nothing wrong with it but just calling it for what it is.

Dont kid yourself thinking your fast food burger is all fresh ground chop meat. Its a chemical burger as is the new meatless burgers. The public is out to "lunch" on nutrition, as always. Yet all the information is right at their keyboards with a few keystrokes. ;)

Pink Slime = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_slime

Yeah, Ill give you one thing, the largest producer of Pink Slime and FDA denied it was ever used in Dog Food and sued NBC .. .yeah, ok .. and the one treatment method of pink slime is banned in Canada and Europe but not in the USA, ummm ,,, Im sure those fast food burgers still are brimming with health ... 🙃 just like sugar substitutes are safe, like they determined decades ago ... oops = present day, maybe they arent as safe and healthy...

Last edited:
Have you ever watched a documentary of another culture and get grossed out when they do something like ferment a dead snake inside a live baboon's **** for 6 months then mix it in with cheese that is left to rot and infest with maggots which is then eaten off the shaman's dirty nut sack? Like, to them it just normal and tastes great because they were brought up that way?

I think other cultures look at us the same way for eating things like the McRib, which by all honesty is our equivalent of **** fermented maggot snake cheese on shaman pubes.

Don't get me wrong, I've eaten my share of McRibs over the years, but they are really the shoveled scrapings off the slaughter house floor nuked with all sorts of chemicals to make them slightly legal to feed to humans and not dogs.

No its not over the top by any means. Science and manufacturing efficiency has found a way to use what used to be waste meat (pink slime) and put into pet foods is now processed into human food. THIS WAS ONLY APPROVED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION IN 2001
I don't think this rib sandwich is pink slime, the meat grind is coarse. I know off-tasting organ and byproduct meat when I taste it.

Decades ago hod dogs started tasting really bad to me. Then I switched to Hebrew National kosher and they were MUCH MUCH better.

I don't think this rib sandwich is pink slime, the meat grind is coarse. I know off-tasting organ and byproduct meat when I taste it.

Decades ago hod dogs started tasting really bad to me. Then I switched to Hebrew National kosher and they were MUCH MUCH better.
I can’t disagree with you there, but it’s not a rib sandwich. It’s a McRib sandwich which can be a concoction of anything they want it to be. One thing you can be sure of is that it is not spare ribs with the bones taken out. :eek:)
I agree on the Hebrew national too, but got away from hot dogs as well yet if your going to have them ...

Unbelievable what the public with the help of the media can be convinced to spend their hard earned money on. Last thing the fast food and dining industry wants you to do is understand how good food can be if you cooked and prepared your own at home as they could no longer could collect the 600% markups for the cr+p they sell you.

You have things backwards. It's not the fast food companies job to tell you how to make food at home. People are just too lazy to cook food at home so for those too lazy which is a large part of the population or don't have time, there's fast food. They're only catering to a market that already exists.

As for a burger, the best mix is an 80% mix, but 90% is ok too, just not as juicy. Just like medium rare is the best for a steak, but some like them rare and some like them well done with ketchup.

Last thing the fast food and dining industry wants you to do is understand how good food can be if you cooked and prepared your own at home as they could no longer could collect the 600% markups for the cr+p they sell you.

I don't really enjoy cooking so why should I try and make something that I can just as well pick up, when it tastes better than something I might make myself? Two or three times a year I get a fresh burger patty from the grocery and make it myself. Tastes ok but the house smells of grease for 2 days, clean up especially the grease filled skillet is tedious and without the garnishes like a tomato slice, onion, pickles, it's no better than a Whopper.

Back