Marshall vs. Jasper Reman Processes & Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any remarks or experience these two companies reman engines, transmissions and differentials? I know terms such as reman and rebuild are thrown around loosely.
Jasper seems to have a very good relationship with many shops. Thanks.

I bought a jasper reman class 1 350 for my 99 suburban and it runs very smooth and strong. Only issue is lower than normal oil pressure and what sounds like to me as lifter noise when cold. When hot and idle during the summer the oil pressure drops down to 12 psi but normally is about 15psi hot idle with 10w30 in it. I took it to a jasper qualified shop and they told me pressure was within spec and wouldn't even look at it. I guess ill just drive it till it breaks. Personally, i would not buy jasper again just because of the quality of service which i expected to be very high.

I use jasper at my location for 6.5 and 6.2L GM diesels. I build everything else in house. So far I have had 1 engine out of Approx 20 that came with a bad injection pump. Jasper took care of the issue and payed for our trouble shooting of the issue.

I have been to the facility and will say it's very clean, organized and well put together.

If you need an engine or transmission for a Ford, GM or Mopar vehicle, you are better off with an OEM remanufactured unit. They carry the same warranty and are sometimes less expensive than the Jasper units.

I'm no fan of the big reman sellers.

One in 20 is bad odds when an engine swap is so involved (we have vans-WAY more difficult).

I like Lowmileageengines.com for a late model take-out that in my case was under 8000 miles! Only cost 1850 delivered.

Its been a long time since we went through an engine but we used to use Jasper for several engine and trans jobs a year and had good luck, I also toured there facility and was impressed.
As far as the 1 in 20 bad pump on the GM6.5 thats understandable because we have had almost every one of our original 12 6.5 vehicles back to GM for pumps, some more than once its a chronic problem.

Originally Posted By: bradepb
Its been a long time since we went through an engine but we used to use Jasper for several engine and trans jobs a year and had good luck, I also toured there facility and was impressed.
As far as the 1 in 20 bad pump on the GM6.5 thats understandable because we have had almost every one of our original 12 6.5 vehicles back to GM for pumps, some more than once its a chronic problem.

Exactly, also let me say we didn't have to pull the engine back out. Just diagnose, and R&R the pump. Jasper overnighted the new pump and core tag. No issue or even remotely close to a 1 in 20 failure. I would not hesitate to use jasper. They also take care of any OE manufacturing updated that most other builders do not.

All of those GM jaspers are still running great and a few have well over 100,000 miles on them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back