Bosch Reman Alternator

The problem I have with Denso is this..
Really? Repacking old bearings? It seems that they may only get a clean up and a set of brushes.
Remanufacturing Process Includes:

1. Bearing - 100% tested to OEM specifications and repacked with premium OE-standard lubricant.
  2. Stator - Insulation tested to 600 volts.
  3. Rotor - Performance and insulation tested to 600 volts.
  4. Housing - Re-tapped to OEM specifications and damage-checked for heat warping, corrosion, or improper surface alignment.
  5. Hardware - 100% stripped and replated.
  6. Rectifier - Performance tested to 300 volts.
  7. Voltage Regulator - 100% voltage tested to OEM specification.
  8. Slip Ring - Re-machined to an average of 8 microns (20 micron run-out maximum), minimizing brush wear and abrasion.

From FCP Euro. Bosch..
To be honest IMO this is somewhat of a false representation simply because I cannot verify it with Bosch (I know people at Bosch.de). I don't believe they are rewinding but they do 100% replace the bearing and in many cases replacing the commutator not just turning it and regulator and diode trio on originally equipped Bosch units, they do replace every clutch with new on units that use one. Again JMO and info I I have.
A rebuilt/remanufactured unit from Bosch is basically a brand new alternator. The only part used from the original unit in normally the metal cage. All internals and electrical parts are replaced with new factory parts. It will perform the same as the original equipment part did. We often find that OEM remanufactured parts last longer as upgraded/newly designed components are used in place of original parts.

It probably had bad bearings so sure they would replace them. How can you tell they were new and not cleaned and repacked?

It probably had bad bearings so sure they would replace them. How can you tell they were new and not cleaned and repacked?
One thing, there was no trade number like 6202ZZ, they had a different number on them from my recollection. One bearing was a different size altogether. It’s kind of difficult to pry a seal from a 6000-series ball bearing without inflicting damage to the seals and putting it back it on without creating drag IME. I’ve seen bike mechanics carelessly use a push pin to pry seals out.

Back