A Case For Minimalism

Minimalism, one of the latest catch words, and pertains to more than just vehicles.
I didn't read all the posts here. And sorry but this whole topic is essentially a religious discussion, since some such outfits have been anti materialistic for years. We are material and need most everything that man has invented and created that makes our lives better.
Its a choice if you want less then do less don't let it be forced on those that aren't into it. Some of us want more and need it, especially tools, pretty much anything that makes things easier for us are tools. From a spoon or fork to eat with to a toilet or car to get from point A to point B. Not everyone can do without a this or a that do to physical conditions, maybe person A can walk just fine for many miles, but then person B may have knees or ankles that won't allow them to walk more than 20 feet. The mention of owning one vehicle? Sure then the day it breaks down for some major problem or is totaled, then you wish you had another one. In the end having some things make some folks happy.

that's true. i still don't like wiring and prefer cars without canbus and a flat screen tv in the dash

I have my old blue Mustang 4.6 two valve that I plan to keep indefinitely. I rebuilt it from a wreck and I'm really kind of attached to it. It's old technology, though without modern safety equipment.

I have my old blue Mustang 4.6 two valve that I plan to keep indefinitely. I rebuilt it from a wreck and I'm really kind of attached to it. It's old technology, though without modern safety equipment.
That’s not old.

None of it is old. Computer controlled fuel injection. Coil on plug ignition. Airbags. Anti lock brakes. Automatic. You have all the modern stuff, including safety equipment! Not even a classic yet…

When you get a car with a manual choke, points, no seatbelts, manual transmission (no synchros), then we can talk about your old car…

That’s not old.

None of it is old. Computer controlled fuel injection. Coil on plug ignition. Airbags. Anti lock brakes. Automatic. You have all the modern stuff, including safety equipment! Not even a classic yet…

When you get a car with a manual choke, points, no seatbelts, manual transmission (no synchros), then we can talk about your old car…
No VVT, no side curtain airbags, 2 valves per cylinder, no cylinder deactivation and modern V8 motors get better fuel mileage and have a lot more power. Transmission is a 4 speed automatic and the rear is a solid axle, which for a car is pretty much obsolete. The Coyote with the 10 speed in the 2018+ Mustang is a night and day difference. Of course a carbed car is more primitive, but we're not talking about that on this post.

Back