Looks like M1 EP 5w30 formulation has possibly changed.

That’s not peanut butter.
Huh, interesting.....sure says it is. :oops:

NATURAL CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER​

4.1 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for average rating value is 4.1 of 5. Read 447 Reviews Same page link.

Smucker’s® Creamy Natural Peanut Butter is 100% natural and made with two simple ingredients: fresh-roasted peanuts and a dash of salt.

As I study the most current uoas here, M1 is no longer producing high iron wear metals and no longer making engines noisier per forum posters. Whatever it is they've done to polish there product is definitely working. M1 uoas are producing the lowest wear metals and people are reporting quiet running engines. I was going to grab a jug of EP 5W30 yesterday for my next oil change, but it was all sold out. Plenty of regular M1 5W30, so I may grab a jug of that.
Just curious, what is it about the Castrol Edge BB and the Valvoline EP you did not like? Or you just feel like trying the New "Triple Action" from Mobil 1. 😂

4.1 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for average rating value is 4.1 of 5. Read 447 Reviews Same page link.

Smucker’s® Creamy Natural Peanut Butter is 100% natural and made with two simple ingredients: fresh-roasted peanuts and a dash of salt.
What I was quoting was from Hormel's Skippy PB Super Chunk. It also contains Potassium (an EP additive:eek:) and vitamin E alpha-tocopherol (an antioxidant:cool:). The vegetable oils are partially Hydrogenated to increase shelf life.

I don't have any data on the Pour points, Viscosity Indices, TBN's, or the Noack's, sorry. :unsure:

Last edited:

Is that the Smuckers "Laura Scudder's"?

I was just browsing on Mobil 1's website today and decided to look at the Safety Data sheet for the Mobil 1 EP 5w30. It looks like the SDS was revised on June 8, 2022, which is two days ago.

I remember looking at the EP 5w30 SDS couple months ago and I know I saw 1-DECENE, TETRAMER AND TRIMER HYDROGENATED in the SDS (probably 10% at most), but It looks like they got 1-DECENE, TETRAMER AND TRIMER HYDROGENATED (PAO) off the list from the EP 5w30 as of June 8, 2022. The ingredients table for the EP 5w30 looks identical to vanilla M1. No one will know what they are hidinc from the ingredients list because of "trade secrets", but I would think the information is accurate. There is no more PAO in EP 5w30.

Did anybody see this? I'm sure I'm not the only one that noticed.

Is Mobil 1 possibly removing PAO/AN from their products? Is it a supply issue? As many of us know, over the years, many M1 products stopped using PAO/AN. It looks like EP 0w20 is the only one left that I know of.

I am curious to see what will happen to EP 0w20, because EP 0w20's SDS hasn't been revised in almost a year. Many people have been praising EP 0w20 for a long time, but I have a feeling EP 0w20 will possibly become more "similar" to all the other EP products.

Anyhow, just trying to see what opinions people have about this recent revision.
Yep, so did the 0w-20 AFE PDS.

What I was quoting was from Hormel's Skippy PB Super Chunk. It also contains Potassium (an EP additive:eek:) and vitamin E alpha-tocopherol (an antioxidant:cool:). The vegetable oils are partially Hydrogenated to increase shelf life.

I don't have any data on the Pour points, Viscosity Indices, TBN's, or the Noack's, sorry. :unsure:
Buy better peanut butter. :mad:

What is the actual difference between M1 and M1 EP, besides one being advertised as a longer run oil? Is it the base oil (I'd guess probably not) or a different add pack, or maybe "more" of the same additives that's already in the regular M1 add pack? Maybe they're identical with EP having a tiny bit more of the cleaning agents?

When I Google search it, I just come across other forums and such that are full of peoples' theories and no solid data.

What is the actual difference between M1 and M1 EP, besides one being advertised as a longer run oil? Is it the base oil (I'd guess probably not) or a different add pack, or maybe "more" of the same additives that's already in the regular M1 add pack? Maybe they're identical with EP having a tiny bit more of the cleaning agents?

When I Google search it, I just come across other forums and such that are full of peoples' theories and no solid data.
Previously, they clearly had very obviously different base oil blends. And yes, I'd expect the additive packages to be quite a bit different given that one is supposed to go 10,000 miles and the other 20,000 miles.

hard to tell but I know that Mobil mentions EP is better protection for turbocharged engines, better protection against wear and in high temperatures than regular Mobil 1 but that may all be marketing by Mobil...

Bill

Probably more AO's is my guess..?. You'd have to RE it which none of us can do.

Back