Keep your head on a swivel

Pew

3 dudes just tried to jump me in after I parked at a restaurant for a company party. Not a single soul around in the parking lot either. Hit me in the back of the head with something metallic when I went to go scan the QR code at the booth to pay for parking. I never touched the ground, at worst they only knocked off my glasses before I caught it and stood back up, hands at the ready. For some reason they didn't continue to hit me, 1 guy went back into the car and the other 2 was following me as I was backing up. Then they tried to run me over twice but I ran between two cars and over a guard rail twice before I finally got somewhere public enough to call 911.

My mom hits harder than whoever swung the metal thing, they only left a pimple sized bump on my head. Only pain is me tripping from jumping the guard rails because my dress shoes were too long. Props to whoever can run in dress shoes, it felt like I had clown shoes on when I was running from their car.

Anyways, I've always been a believer in conceal carry but I don't my CCL. Well tomorrow I'm going to buy a pistol and sign up for classes. At least IL only require veterans to do the last 8 hours of the 16 hour class.

3 dudes just tried to jump me in after I parked at a restaurant for a company party. Not a single soul around in the parking lot either. Hit me in the back of the head with something metallic when I went to go scan the QR code at the booth to pay for parking. I never touched the ground, at worst they only knocked off my glasses before I caught it and stood back up, hands at the ready. For some reason they didn't continue to hit me, 1 guy went back into the car and the other 2 was following me as I was backing up. Then they tried to run me over twice but I ran between two cars and over a guard rail twice before I finally got somewhere public enough to call 911.

My mom hits harder than whoever swung the metal thing, they only left a pimple sized bump on my head. Only pain is me tripping from jumping the guard rails because my dress shoes were too long. Props to whoever can run in dress shoes, it felt like I had clown shoes on when I was running from their car.

Anyways, I've always been a believer in conceal carry but I don't my CCL. Well tomorrow I'm going to buy a pistol and sign up for classes. At least IL only require veterans to do the last 8 hours of the 16 hour class.
Yikes! Glad to hear you're okay.

It's a crazy world out there these days. One can never be too cautious. Congrats on you for buying a handgun and getting a CCL.
They are easy to obtain here in Iowa. Sit thru a 2-3 hour class and get a certificate to take to the Sherriff's office. (I think you can even get it done online) Run a background check and you get the license. Never even had to touch a gun before in your life. Almost too easy, I had to take an 8 hour course and shoot targets to qualify in 1979.

Got my CCL in 1979 and have had it since. Only drew my weapon once in over 40 years. Late one night in the city, went to get in my car and a dude asked for a ride. Shady looking and I said no. He said the cops were after him and just give him a ride for a few blocks. My reply was if the cops are looking for you, then I don't want you in my car. Told him no at least 3 times. As I reached to open my door, he went for the passenger door. That's when I drew down on his head across the car and said get away from me.

He say my way then and walked away. Not in a hurry either. Saved me from getting rolled that night.

Glad you are fine! I think in my neighborhood half of the El Paso County sheriff's department lives, and that is the biggest sheriff's department in Colorado. Yet, regardless that everywhere are patrol cars parked, we have had a lot of break-ins lately. Considering the demographics here, it is just a matter of time before someone pulls something on these idiots.

Reactions: Pew
Thanks everyone. It's crazy that you never think it'll happen to you until it does. At best I'll take this as an experience and be better equipped if this ever happens again.

Glad you’re OK. Get in touch with security, almost guaranteed this area had security cameras!

There was one camera at the entrance to the parking lot but I doubt it was even on, the lot had potholes everywhere. Interesting thing is, the parking lot is a dead end and there's only a loading dock back there. They must have been casing the spot for a while, a similar attack happened on Monday in the same area.

Way to be resilient and react to contact! (Reminder; Near ambush = assault thru (Speed and violence are key)

Two things:
s-l1600.jpg

I would highly recommend the S&W "J-frame". VERY easy to conceal, even pocket carry. Simple, reliable, easier to shoot well, especially under stress versus a pocket/compact/wonder-9 semi-auto. Probably legal in your slave state also. I would not sweat the lesser capacity; your in a defensive, close quarters combat situation; 99/100 five rounds of "eff off in another direction" .38 Special +p will get it done. (Personally, I'm carrying a 60-14 LadySmith more often than not these days.)

wm_6774154.jpg

Smith-and-Wesson-Model-340-PD-and-40-J-frame-snub-nose-357-Magnumand-41_101352042_64542_363423C421F1543F.JPG

https://www.smith-wesson.com/products/j-frame
The Best J Frame Revolvers Review (2022) | Peak Firearms

Last edited:
Did you go Chuck Norris on them?

I was thinking Reacher…. :LOL:

Thought Pew told them 3 punk donkey kids… Well 2 of you little punks are going to to get broken up… Then one of those dirtbags says well there 3 of us.. Then Pew said well one of you needs to be able to drive the other 2 to the hospital after I’m done with you all… :LOL:

Back