Keep your head on a swivel

Did he even ask for handgun buying advice? Or where to get smoke grenades..

Glad you got through this Pew, luck was on your side.

Someone is going to tell you to work someplace else and move.

Not specifically.

Pepper sprays come in stream, fog, and a few other dispersion patterns. The stream is probably the best because it doesn't get bystanders easily and it doesn't flow back on you easily if it's windy. But you do have to make sure you aim it better and it might require you to make a quick correction when you initially starts spraying it. But the stream also ensures that you'll have great range.
Better be dead nuts accurate or your going to get shot at if they have a gun…

Situation Awareness is very important where ever you go.

Just because it’s a nice area / neighborhood don’t let your guard down.

People looking at cellphone are easy targets.

Sometimes fisherman fish from shore because they have no other options. If fisherman have options, they usually fish where they think the trophys/ big fish are.

Stolen vehicles are a common transportation tool used by criminals to go where the trophy/ big fish are. It should not be surprising the felons that attacked PEW were driving a KIA, one of the easiest and popular vehicles to steal.

Last edited:

I used to have one earbud in when walking to/from the office to the train but now I think I'm not going to anymore.

3 dudes just tried to jump me in after I parked at a restaurant for a company party. Not a single soul around in the parking lot either. Hit me in the back of the head with something metallic when I went to go scan the QR code at the booth to pay for parking. I never touched the ground, at worst they only knocked off my glasses before I caught it and stood back up, hands at the ready. For some reason they didn't continue to hit me, 1 guy went back into the car and the other 2 was following me as I was backing up. Then they tried to run me over twice but I ran between two cars and over a guard rail twice before I finally got somewhere public enough to call 911.

My mom hits harder than whoever swung the metal thing, they only left a pimple sized bump on my head. Only pain is me tripping from jumping the guard rails because my dress shoes were too long. Props to whoever can run in dress shoes, it felt like I had clown shoes on when I was running from their car.

Anyways, I've always been a believer in conceal carry but I don't my CCL. Well tomorrow I'm going to buy a pistol and sign up for classes. At least IL only require veterans to do the last 8 hours of the 16 hour class.

Watch the movie Death Wish with Charles Bronson.

You are totally right about this…

I live in a very, very nice area west of Williamsburg..

One night had a guy in a car that I had gotten behind my car at 110 in the am really, really close to where I live… I was going to the atm and made a decision that if that car did anything like trying to turn around in front of me… No chance I was stopping at that atm. Sure as hell that dooshbag started an obvious fast 3 point turn as soon as I pulled into that bank parking lot. Of course I skipped the atm and then as I exited the bank parking lot I drove right by that guy driving the opposite direction. He looked really pissed off… Zero doubt he was going to try to rob me if I had stopped at that atm… Part of that was instinct and part of it was paying attention and also thinking why is this cat put here when everything is shut down and has been shut down for hours ? The last part was luck that I had gotten in behind him too… Gave me a big advantage as well.

I did it, I bought a Sig P365 NRA. I was on sale but I have to wait the IL 3-day period before I can pick it up. Once I do, it's off to classes and CCL.

You are totally right about this…

I live in a very, very nice area west of Williamsburg..

One night had a guy in a car that I had gotten behind my car at 110 in the am really, really close to where I live… I was going to the atm and made a decision that if that car did anything like trying to turn around in front of me… No chance I was stopping at that atm. Sure as hell that dooshbag started an obvious fast 3 point turn as soon as I pulled into that bank parking lot. Of course I skipped the atm and then as I exited the bank parking lot I drove right by that guy driving the opposite direction. He looked really pissed off… Zero doubt he was going to try to rob me if I had stopped at that atm… Part of that was instinct and part of it was paying attention and also thinking why is this cat put here when everything is shut down and has been shut down for hours ? The last part was luck that I had gotten in behind him too… Gave me a big advantage as well.

I bet your adrenaline was running!

Back