Simple return on Amazon

There was also a link between Purolator Filters, Purolator Courier and the Canadian Post office. Canada Post currently owns 91% of Purolator Courier.

07EE96BF-0A92-4F8B-B500-423AC39A3C72.png

Last edited:
Our Brampton office shipped me something and I get an email to fill out some forms. Affidavit, commercial invoice, and wants EIN or Ss#. I just said nein danke 😂

My personal info and work nary will cross. The co and carriers both said if you don’t return the forms the boxes are going back to the sender. I said aiyitte!

Why I’m serious is I don’t know what’s inside the boxes and I will not be held liable for duties, period. They are likely to be substantial so I’m not signing anything I’m not the receiving dept.

Our co needs to get it together. I’ve had ltls show up with lift gate service, palettes, and 18 boxes of junk. I work in a mid rise we don’t have space for it.

What is local purolator?

It's a shipping company that was previously owned by the maker/distributor of oil and air filters. They still have an American presence, but it's not huge. In the US they're more about large scale logistics and not shipping individual packages. I think the shipping company split some time decades ago, so the current Purolator name in the US may not be a direct line from the previous one.

I personally have not been hit with a return charge YET.
UPS may be the main driver of the charges. Last time I did the QR code return, the UPS store had one person dedicated full time to the Amazon returns line!
I don't return many items though.

I think it depends on location. They still make it easy at Amazon owned/affliated locations. However, many of those are disappearing, like Amazon'e 4-Star stores. Once I remember seeing more people waiting in line for returns at the 4-Star store in Berkeley, California than were actually browsing inside the store. Whole Foods locations still seem to have free returns, and I think they still have that deal with Kohl's where the general idea is to bring potential customers in.

There are some returns that I could only manage at other locations, but where I had to carefully prepare a shipping label and secure the return package.

My wife used to rely on the returns at a UPS Store location since they were much closer. But eventually they started charging a shipping fee for that, albeit one that was considerably less than retail shipping rates.

Not sure what they might have available in Canada though.

They used to let me dump items at an amazon locker in a gas station down the street from my house, now I have to hustle it up to the UPS store and wait in line.
All of a sudden those Amazon "lockers" started showing up in my area at the Shell stations. They actually have a human name assigned on them... LoL

All of a sudden those Amazon "lockers" started showing up in my area at the Shell stations. They actually have a human name assigned on them... LoL

I've seen them come and go. I've also seen one around here at a supermarket that doesn't have a keypad or touchscreen and can only open with the Amazon app through Bluetooth.

Back