Simple return on Amazon

I purchased an item on Amazon that was the wrong size ( my fault ). At first I thought it wasn’t worth paying to return it, but then I decided to hit the return button. It generated a QR and gave instructions to take the original package to a local Purolator. I did just that. I didn’t wrap it, just handed over the package, and the clerk scanned the QR, and took the package. Done. I’ll report back on whether or not I got my refund.

Depending on the situation and product, returns are usually pretty easy in my experience.

Sometimes you need to box them but you still show up with a QR code and they take the box.

For the small stuff, I'm pretty sure they throw it in a bulk bin and then when that bin is full, that get's shipped out.

My experience is the refund comes about 20-40 minutes later. Usually ours is at Kohl's and there are folks returning sometimes 5+ items and trying to find the codes on their phones...but very easy. I'm returning a never opened Blink floodlight cam--I got it as an extra for $49.99, great deal. Was at Costco yesterday and they have the same cam bundled also for $49.99, plus a Blink 4 cam (at my black Fri $36 value or today on sale value $50), and a mini cam worth $20. Two additional free cams in the bundle. Amazon is returnable until 1/31/24 so will drop it off next week.

btw Blink is interesting, I plan on paying $100/yr for the service. Apparently in doing so, all components are now covered by warranty (they must be very confident nothing ever is needed), and there's a 10% discount when you buy more. They also replace for 1 year regardless if cams are stolen, which I also think is interesting.

I purchased an item on Amazon that was the wrong size ( my fault ). At first I thought it wasn’t worth paying to return it, but then I decided to hit the return button. It generated a QR and gave instructions to take the original package to a local Purolator. I did just that. I didn’t wrap it, just handed over the package, and the clerk scanned the QR, and took the package. Done. I’ll report back on whether or not I got my refund.
I assume you did not take your package to a local "Purolator" but instead took it to a local UPS.
That is the typical way returns are processed through Amazon. Im surprised they didnt tel you to keep it as that has happened with me.

Anyway, anytime we return to something to Amazon, it goes to our local UPS, and at the end of the day once it's scanned as in transport we get our refund that very same day. Im not sure if everyone does the same day, we have been customers for a while so they may have a "scoring" system of reliable returns. Every time we return something (and we return a lot) we get refunded the same day. Meaning the evening when it's picked up by the UPS truck to be sent back. Always get a printed receipt when you drop it off of course.
Amazon is great like this. Actually if you have a local Walmart its also an easy experience to return online stuff to Walmart.

For the few items I've returned to Amazon recently, returning via Kohl's is free but taking it to the UPS Store costs $1 and to me it's worth it. The one time I took a return to Kohl's it seemed very 'unofficial' and the girl processing it didn't seem to be on the ball. I wasn't very confident it would even make it back to Amazon for a refund. I'll take a scanned bar code proving I had dropped it off any day.

I soooooooooo much preferred returning Amazon products with printing a label and putting out for them to pick up. Now I have to drive a good 20 minutes to a very congested area at the UPS store. Not convenient at all for me. :(

It really depends on the actual order.
I've had some you couldnt return to kohl's
luckily CVS .52 miles from my house is now UPS dropoff/pickup.
and walgreens 2.5miles away is fedex.

Otherwise its 10+ miles.

Back