Anyone a Seller on Amazon?

Curious for those that are sellers on Amazon, is there any way a seller can accidentally send a package to the wrong buyer, for something that is delivered through Amazon (dropped at the doorstep by an Amazon driver)? Let's assume the buyer has bought from this seller before which would explain how the seller has their name and address.

I received an unsolicited package and am assuming it is a brushing scam. Seller has reached out a couple of times saying they made a mistake and trying to send me a return label, so curious if there is even a way to make a "mistake" like this.

I am not a seller, but here is what Amazon says about unwanted / unordered packages:

Amazon apparently wants to know about them. I would report it IAW the info above.

I am not a seller, but here is what Amazon says about unwanted / unordered packages:

Amazon apparently wants to know about them. I would report it IAW the info above.
Yeah Amazon policies are really tight on fake or paid reviews (when caught). I’m guessing this is a typical feedback scam and the item is high value enough that it pays to try to get it back (and for the seller to pay return shipping). Offering the prepaid label keeps it off of an Amazon return so feedback can still get left.

What actually causes me to ask the question is I would think contacting people to get the item back is a red flag to the person that received the item, making it more likely the seller gets banned, so sort of surprised they are reaching out which is why I am curious if the "mistake" is even possible.

I have sold a few things on Amazon and printed a label off Amazon and brought it to the post office to mail it.

But it's always possible the seller could write the wrong address on a package and mailed it.

I would think most sellers would just print some kind of address label off Amazon however.

Back