Amazon package lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So about a week ago I ordered a item off Amazon, the seller Sonic Electronixs. Well know company, well according to tracking the package hasn't arrived at UPS.

Sonic Electronixs says they shipped the package the same!me day I ordered. Package value is $87. Well after a couple hours of chat with customer service (email and phone). We have both come to the agreement that the package is lost.

Not I would like to repeat the package was lost between the Seller and UPS. Seller says they sent it UPS says they never recieved it.

The Seller say in order for me to get a refund replacement I need to fill out some paper work and sign a affidavit then have it notarized.

I could understand if this was a dispute between the package saying delivered and me saying I never got it but I have the tracking information proving that UPS never received the package.

Filling out all this paperwork the having to sign a legal form and have it notaried seems like a hassle and a expence out of my pocket.

To have it notarized will cost me $10, and roughly $20 in gas. I live deep in the country and would have to drive two towns over to get this done.

Even with all this done it will take time for them to approve it or reject it. They told me they can not guarantee I will get a replacement or even a refund.

What should I do? Been thinking about filling a complaint/dispute.

It seems like it would be the easiest of the two. I'm 99% sure if I was to file a dispute amazon would rule in my favor.

At the same in the last 5-6 years with amazon iv never had to file one and wouldn't really know how exactly to do it.

I'm not pleased with the seller wanting me to jump threw all theses hopes to "possible" get a refund/replacement. And in all honesty I'm not please with the experience I got from the seller.

Don't think I want a replacement from them. I was looking at the item and I seen amazon has one for sell directly threw them (amazon warehouse).

Ultimately what do you think I should do?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Just use the Amazon A-to-Z Guarantee.

They'll ask the seller for tracking info. There is none, and you'll get a refund.

Easy.

What does Amazon say about this? When you said you talked to customer service it wasn't clear if you meant Amazon or the seller.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
What does Amazon say about this? When you said you talked to customer service it wasn't clear if you meant Amazon or the seller.

I haven't contacted amazon directly, I spoke to the seller threw amazon and over the phone.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Originally Posted By: Nate1979

I haven't contacted amazon directly, I spoke to the seller threw amazon and over the phone.

contact amazon, some guy in india will take care of it promptly :)

Seriously, the A-Z Guarantee is easy. In the time it took to write this post, it could already be processing.

Don't speak to the seller, contact Amazon and they'll take care of you. They'll just refund you the money.

Here is their phone number

1-888-280-3321

Also for future reference, banks have to have a notary on staff and if you have an account there, they don't normally charge you anything to get something notarized. But anyway, the easiest way is to contact Amazon directly or the credit card company and have them reverse the charge. I had this happen with rockauto. For some reason the fedex guy just left the package on the front steps of my apartment complex where lots of people just walk by the whole day. Needless to say it disappeared and rockauto just shipped another package. Didn't have to fill out any paperwork, just told them that I never got it and fedex couldn't show that anyone signed for it.

Earlier this year I ordered 3 portable bluetooth speakers and when they arrived there were only two speakers in the box. The invoice clearly said 3 were shipped. I called AMAZON and explained, I received another one the next day!

If the seller did not immediately agree to send a replacement for the "Lost" shipment, something is hinky. Deal directly with Amazon, just tell them that you never got the item, and you wish to cancel the sale.

I have had a couple of items "Disappear" after they were allegedly shipped.......They were replaced immediately by the seller. One blamed the USPS, the other mentioned a an internal problem with items disappearing, instead of making it to the shipper. Either way, not your problem.

Like everybody says, contact Amazon directly, they will refund today.

I lost an Amazon package too but mine was delivered by my front porch door and a thief stole it. Next day I found the opened and empty box next to my garage. It was not there the day of theft.

I would not have even gone as far as you did. The second they wanted things notarized I would have told them no and either refund, replace, or I will contact amazon and my CC to deny the charges.

The seller is wrong. The dispute is between them and UPS. You shouldn't have to do any paperwork. As a customer that already paid, you should be awarded with another shipment or a refund.

As a general reminder to everyone:

Tis the season, be careful as a lot of thieves simply follow the UPS drivers watch them drop off the package then swoop in and grab it...

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Also for future reference, banks have to have a notary on staff and if you have an account there, they don't normally charge you anything to get something notarized.

All banks have a notary. Most will not charge if you are a customer. You might also find one if you just ask around (at work, at your church... etc), I know a few that will help out a friend for free. It costs them nothing but the bi annual fee.

This.

Don't fool with the seller. You made initial contact, they've had 24 hours to respond, appropriately, meaning refund.

I'm a small 3rd party seller on Amazon and I can tell you that all sellers agree, when they sign up, to abide by all Amazon rules and that includes Amazon returns/refund policy at a minimum. They can be more lenient but not less so.

Amazon does not play. They are 100% customer centric and you will either get a 100% refund from the seller or Amazon will refund you and they'll deal with the seller.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Don't speak to the seller, contact Amazon and they'll take care of you. They'll just refund you the money.

Here is their phone number

1-888-280-3321

If you or family member cannot receive pkg, have it shipped to your work place or somewhere that someone will be there to answer the door.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Just use the Amazon A-to-Z Guarantee.

They'll ask the seller for tracking info. There is none, and you'll get a refund.

Easy.

eleventy billion this.

Now I could see if they used USPS insurance and something got smashed but you still got it, and USPS made you fill out a form on your end.

But no tracking info = pound sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back