What songs are in rotation on your internal playlist?

Just wondered what are the recurring songs that you all find running through your heads? The past couple of years since he died, I keep having Tom Petty songs show up in my internal space. Running Down the Dream, I Won't Back Down, Breakdown, Into the Great Wide Open, to name some. He isn't necessarily one of my favorite singers, but Petty has been resonating with me for some reason.

I don't have that problem, but the wife does. She won't let me play the CD player when she's in my truck. She says the songs play in her head for days. :unsure:

Just wondered what are the recurring songs that you all find running through your heads? The past couple of years since he died, I keep having Tom Petty songs show up in my internal space. Running Down the Dream, I Won't Back Down, Breakdown, Into the Great Wide Open, to name some. He isn't necessarily one of my favorite singers, but Petty has been resonating with me for some reason.
Funny that you mention it I just had Alexa play Last Night by The Traveling Willburys

Bob Seger has been in there for a couple of days. Night Moves and Against The Wind…..over and over for a couple of days. Hope I didn’t jinx anybody.

1. Jungleland by Bruce
  2. Should’ve Been a Cowboy by Toby Keith
  3. Daughter by Pearl Jam
  4. Sugar Magnolia by Grateful Dead
  5. Chatahoochie by Alan Jackson
There is a lot more that’s part of the reason why I love my Alexa a song pops in my head and I play it for a week and dive deeper in a rabbit hole of playlists.

Oh, this is a fun one! Great thread idea! I've ALWAYS got some song running through my head, some of them for a fraction of an hour, some of them the whole day.
- Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
- Rammstein - Reise Reise
- Metallica - Fixxxer
- Metallica - The Outlaw Torn
- Nighwish - Ghost Love Score
- Nightwish - 7 days to the wolves
- Motley Crue - Wild Side
- Nightwish - Storytime
- Pearl Jam - Jeremy
- A Perfect Circle - The Doomed
- Seether - Broken
- Shinedown - Son of Sam
- Stan Rogers - Night Guard
- Nightwish - Nemo
- Tragically Hip - Nautical Disaster
- Type O Negative - Christian Woman
- Turn the Page (either Bob Seger or Metallica version, they alternate)
- Disturbed - Liberate
- K0Rn - Got the life
- Disturbed - Sons of Plunder
- Elton John - Candle in the wind
- Eminem - Lose yourself
- Evanescence - Lithium
- Evanescence - My heart is broken
- Gord Lightfoot - the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
- 5FDP - Wash it all away
- Linkin Park - New Divide
- Jinjer - Pisces
- Metallica - Bleeding Me

I'm sure I've missed some.

Woof! Can't print all the songs as I have around 4gb+ of music on thumb drives for the vehicles, a tad bit more on the PC as I weed out songs I don't really care to hear all the time, but still listen to every once and a while.

BUT, the big hitters are:
Rush
Van Halen
Joe Satriani
Boston

Woof! Can't print all the songs as I have around 4gb+ of music on thumb drives for the vehicles, a tad bit more on the PC as I weed out songs I don't really care to hear all the time, but still listen to every once and a while.

BUT, the big hitters are:
Rush
Van Halen
Joe Satriani
Boston
The idea isn't the songs that you are listening to, but rather the songs that are running through your head when you aren't listening to something, your "internal soundtrack" so to speak.

Last edited:
Oh, this is a fun one! Great thread idea! I've ALWAYS got some song running through my head, some of them for a fraction of an hour, some of them the whole day.
- Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
- Gord Lightfoot - the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgeral
- Metallica - Bleeding Me

I'm sure I've missed some.
Argh! No, no, no! Anything but that.

I'll get you back with Ghost Riders In The Sky (Johnny Cash version)

Last edited:
Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4
Chase - Handbags and Gladrags
Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
Sarah McLachlan - Building a Mystery
Sheryl Crow - Dyer Maker
Donna Summer - MacArthur Park
Donna Summer - Dinner With Gershwin
The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black
Ferrante & Teicher - Autumn in New York
Diana Krall - Fly Me To The Moon
Diana Krall - The Boy From Ipanema
George Benson - On Broadway
Lee Marvin - Wandering Star
Blondie - Heart of Glass
Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five
Diana Ross & The Supremes - Reflections

Well now I have into the great wide open playing in my head (thanks ripcord) but this morning it was prisoner of the highway

Back