Donated the Safari - On the auction block

I donated the Safari to the Giants Community Fund. This is the 3rd vehicle I've donated to them - an '82 Bonneville and an '87 Camry preceded this one. The tow company picked up the Safari on Tuesday. It showed up on the auto auction site inventory today.

This was my late father's van. The first new vehicle he ever purchased. It does have sentimental value but I'm OK with letting it go.

I was driving down one of the narrow streets downtown when a parked Mini opened its door, damaging the passenger door, slider and jamb. The Mini was so damaged that the door was totally banana'ed and wouldn't close. It looked like a clown car that went over a cliff.

05-08-2020_resized.jpg

I took the payout and was planning to get a salvage title but CA doesn't make this easy if you miss the 30 day window. So its been parked for a few years.

Who ever ends up with the van and decides to jump through the hoops to register/insure it will be getting a decent vehicle. I rebuilt the 4L60E back in 2014 (lost 3rd speed) with improvements (has ~40k miles on it). Both my parents and my family had some good road trips in it.

Port Hadlock.jpg

Port Hadlock, WA

Hopefully it goes to a good home. It's unfortunate that pull n pay cruises these auctions to find additional vehicles.

I'm all for that too.
97prizm's criticism focused on "pull & pays" going to car auctions and I didn't see the wrong there.

Heaven forbit everybody maintain their vehicles.
Longer lived cars could lessen demand and that could create downward pressure on prices....in theory.

Back