Just purchased ram 1500 v6

I changed the factory fill in my wife’s Yukon a couple weeks ago at 700 miles. Feels good to me even if it doesn’t make a difference. Enjoy the truck. I’d ditch the K&N though.

Reactions: GON
I change at 500 miles on every new car / truck I've had. Then again at 2K miles. I've never gone over 3K miles on oil changes. Just me and I'll never change.

The problem with the owners manual is their recommendations are based on CAFE. They don’t want you to change oils. “Save the planet thinking”
I wouldn’t be hard up over 0w20 it’s a reliable and proven oil been around quite some time now. Unless there’s been revisions is that the 3.6 with the oil cooler issue? Not saying you’ll necessarily have an issue but I’d believe the oil cooler would fail before any 0w20 use related problems.

Reactions: JTK
I agree. The extra 1hp that you *might* get from a K&N air filter is simply not worth the extra dirt that goes through your engine.
I have never had an issue with a K&N. I also don’t allow them to get bad nor do I over oil them. I clean them every 20k miles. K&N says go way longer than that. In other vehicles I’ve used them like in my 2004 Camry. When I got rid of it, it had over 380k miles on it. I don’t care about the hp, I do enjoy the sound of the intake more than anything, and usually a couple more mpg. The thing about K&N service the filter before it turns black. Keep it clean

I wouldn’t be hard up over 0w20 it’s a reliable and proven oil been around quite some time now. Unless there’s been revisions is that the 3.6 with the oil cooler issue? Not saying you’ll necessarily have an issue but I’d believe the oil cooler would fail before any 0w20 use related problems.
Also using 0/40 with euro specs, is the way lower NOACK.

Back