Just keep getting kicked when I'm down!

It looks like my Subaru will be going to Carvana soon ... They are offering me a price I consider to be pretty reasonable for it. That's money that will go directly to saving up for a different house.

Hello cheap crown victoria!
Get the KBB price too, they offered $1,600 more for my Genesis, and partner with nearby dealers. So I took it in to a GMC dealer and asked for an extra $400 to make it an even $18k and they accepted. So $2k over Carvana.

I've had my basement flood a few times... not a huge deal, more an annoyance.

Either I unplug a sump to use outlet for something else (forget to reconnect) OR what's happened a few times is an air lock. I keep telling myself, but haven't drilled a hole in the outlet to prevent it from happening.

Better go downstairs and take care of it after all the water we got from Henri.

Some realtors use their own inspectors. Probably better to choose your own. The realtors can and do pressure inspectors to maybe overlook a little. The big water defects there the owner knew, they just didn’t disclose. When selling also disclose everything no matter the consequences. There are sue happy people out there too. As is is not permission for not disclosing what the seller knows. People think it means that, but as is means as it is, with the disclosures.

For sure. There were no disclosures and the sellers were able to get away with it because they never lived here.

Sorry to hear this. I had left some tools out and they got “flooded“ on one of the late spring deluges.

I will say I was fairly impressed at how most things dried out and looked no worse for wear afterwards. I know not everything will be salvaged, and electrical stuff can have some bad outcomes, but if it wasn’t energized, and gets cleaned and dried well, it can be ok.

Just what anyone wants to do in their free time…

In better news, I have run across someone who is interested in this house - but not until early 2023. Which is perfect as that's when we're planning on moving out!

Trying to find a replacement car. Really set on a Panther.

Sorry to hear this. I had left some tools out and they got “flooded“ on one of the late spring deluges.

I will say I was fairly impressed at how most things dried out and looked no worse for wear afterwards. I know not everything will be salvaged, and electrical stuff can have some bad outcomes, but if it wasn’t energized, and gets cleaned and dried well, it can be ok.

Just what anyone wants to do in their free time…

I'm lucky I didn't get electrocuted but there was an angle grinder plugged in under water. It works still surprisingly enough, somehow!

Back