Neighborhood getting hit hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
The only person who is going to protect you is you.

By "protect you" I think you meant "protect your possessions".

I see what you are trying to say. No, sorry, a [censored] in my house IS a threat to all invited inhabitants. These inhabitants are not my possessions. If said robber flees, I will not shoot him in the back. Other than than that, any movement forward is a threat.

Was debate on the radio today (we were driving, and AM is FTW), and Minister for Truth and Justice was interviewed...actually wasn't a bad interview both parts.

He was talking to my State's increasing violence, 300 .40 Glocks which can never have been imported intothe country legally except for Police, and have been found, etc. etc.

Started talking about the right to self defence should not be infringed in whatever they have to do.

However, the self defence cases that have been tried ended up along the lines of...
"you feared for your life"
"you then had time to open the gun safe"
"then get your seperately stored bolt and ammunition"
"Then assemble, load and cock the firearm"

"Yes"

"well why didn't you run away if you had that much time ?"

Having woken up one Sunday morning last year, and having come to the realisation that someone wasin my house, stealing my stuff while my partner, children and I were asleep, it sends you weak at the knees thinking about what else the wolves could/would/may have done. Seems that cat may have been kicked in the event, but if one of the children had got up for a drink of water ???

Castle Laws should be a basic human right IMO (including boys in blue kicking the door down at 3AM).

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
They caught him. 18 y.o male in a house right in our 'hood. We had all suspected it was someone operating from within the neighborhood. He had a bunch more stuff from ours and other houses that he had stolen.

A note to every single person who had their house broken into the name and age of said kid should help with the relief factor to those who had been robbed.

Then, any conversations that need to take place between those homeowners and the victim can take place at their leisure.

BC.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Looks like the cops found all our stuff at a "Junk store" I call it, less than a mile down the road. They have a license plate, and a face. Looks like this operation is about cooked.

That's good they were able to recover your stuff. Hopefully they can identify and catch the thief or thieves. What sucks is when they get out of jail they will be at it again.

They caught him. 18 y.o male in a house right in our 'hood. We had all suspected it was someone operating from within the neighborhood. He had a bunch more stuff from ours and other houses that he had stolen.

Neighborhood teenage punk as I suspected. These idiots think they need to prove themselves by doing something outrageous, and sometimes it's a deviant behavior.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

However, the self defence cases that have been tried ended up along the lines of...
"you feared for your life"
"you then had time to open the gun safe"
"then get your seperately stored bolt and ammunition"
"Then assemble, load and cock the firearm"

Gotta love that. Nothing like making sure its "triply" safe and utterly useless.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Anymore in this country when you stand your ground, you end up charged with 2nd degree murder...

Really? Care to provide some examples of someone protecting his house and getting charged with 2nd degree murder? Hint: confronting someone in the street isn't protecting your home...

That's a huge bummer, but I'm glad they caught the kid(s). Reading your first post, there's one thing that comes to mind: always trust your dogs! I know if my beasts got up in the middle of the night like that there would have to be a reason...

you still use phone books???
Everyone should call a licensed Locksmith and get good dead bolts put on their doors. If you have an alarm use it if not get one. Same with car alarms if u have one use it if you dont get one soon... A Doberman Pincher is also a great thing to have... Also get a gun something good!

Last edited:
These dogs bark at everything, so we are just used to them barking. They were going at it pretty well granted, but they do the same thing if one of our dogs gets out. The rest go bonkers for some reason.
bte, they did find drug paraphernalia in the house too.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude

yep, they come in handy when your laptop and mobile phones are in someone else' posession, and you need to use the landline to phone the credit card companies (their phone no. on the back of the card is also in someone else' pocket.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude

yep, they come in handy when your laptop and mobile phones are in someone else' posession, and you need to use the landline to phone the credit card companies (their phone no. on the back of the card is also in someone else' pocket.

Good point...

These dogs bark at everything, so we are just used to them barking. They were going at it pretty well granted, but they do the same thing if one of our dogs gets out. The rest go bonkers for some reason.
bte, they did find drug paraphernalia in the house too.

Always sorry to hear of thieves attacking.

One good thing about my old coon hound mutt, when she barks it means something. Some dogs just bark, this one always gets our attention because she aggressively patrols the fence line at night.

Yawai!

So, I learned another little tidbit. I guess this guy was living with some friends who are actually renting the house. Its a young couple with a baby. Anyway, I guess when they saw the cops, they parked their car down the road about 1/2 mile and walked with the baby to the house.
Hmm, I wonder why they would do that?
There was also a safe in the house that the cops wanted into.
"No one knows the code."
Right. Sure.

Hopefully those involved will be punished accordingly with some jail time, but I would go ahead and try to find out the landlord's information. Some don't care and some do, but either way they need to know if you have problems like this from the people living in their house. Some will evict for this kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back