Neighborhood getting hit hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last 2-3 days 5 houses that we know of have been hit and stuff stolen.
We had our garage entered and 4 power tools stolen. My grandpa's CTS was rifled through as well, though they left my Moms car and my car alone. Mine was locked, hers was not.
What had happened was I was awakened at about a quarter to four Sunday morning from the dogs going absolutely ape [censored]. I sleep the sleep of the dead so they were going at it pretty well. My family and I went and looked outside and our side gate and garage side door were hanging open. This was interesting but not unheard of because both of these doors have to be pulled shut or they wont latch however it will look like it. Then they will open from the dogs or wind.
Anyway, I threw on some pants and stuffed my pistol into a pocket. I wasnt really alarmed at this point but Im used to throwing it on all the time anyway. Went out and got the dogs back in. Kinda just glanced around the garage a bit and closed everything up.
About 15-20 minutes later the dogs are at it again. Okay, this isnt a coincidence, Im thinking. I jump out of bed and straight into some pants and put my pistol in a pocket. Now Im thinking someone is indeed messing around.
Did a through search and came up empty. Got the dogs back inside and got everything closed and LOCKED up.
Next morning we find the whole state of the situation. Turns out, when we were out there the first time, this person WAS IN THE GARAGE. They were just hiding and Im 99% sure it was in the Cadillac. It has limo tint on the rear windows and darkest legal on the front so it would be easy to not notice someone inside. Combined with the non-alarmed response and only cursory search its easy to see how this occurred.
We talked to our neighbors the next morning and their Navigator was rifled though and his work truck (works for John Deere) had its job box gone through. However he didnt think anything was taken. Until today when he noticed 4 or 5 power tools missing from his shed. He didnt notice because they were nice enough to close and latch it after they were done 'shopping'.
How neighborly!
The house on the other side of him was hit the same night as well. Only a truck tool box was opened and gone though. But it was basically empty.
Then on the other side of THAT house was another hit house. A shed was gone though and military uniforms were stolen. His Ranger was also opened and gone through.
This was all early Sunday morning.
Then I hear today that the house directly across the street from us was hit early Monday morning. Their Jeep was gone through as well as their garage which is separate like ours. Two guns were stolen sadly along with the usual power tools and the like.
Thats what we know of so far. Thankfully they seem to be keeping to vehicles, 'secondary' buildings, and stuff otherwise left in the open. Have not heard of an actual house being hit but Im sure they are working up to it.

Last edited:
More "safety" cameras around than ever before, monitoring every movement, and somehow, they never seem to see the scum wandering the streets at 3AM.

We were asleep when we were burgled last June, could provide phone bill evidence of when the phones were used, what train they caught etc...

And no footage of the mall, the main street, the train station...no response to people wandering the street at 3AM.

At least you guys can have something in your pocket when things go bump in the night...stay safe 'though.

Druggies at work again, if you catch them give them a beating they will never forget. We work too hard for our stuff for some lazy lowlife to come along and carry them off to sell for pennies on the dollar. I cannot tolerate thieves.

yeah guys be safe out there. i was robbed a few weeks ago. i came home and they broke into my basement and tore out the copper pipe and destroyed the place. its a horrible feeling knowing how hard you work and someone just feels they can take something without earning it.

We have had tire slashers for over a year now.
My next door neighbor is the chief of police and they stole the police radio and computer out of the unmarked as well as slashing his tires twice at home.
So far i am over 2 grand down with just pin holes from a knife blade tip through the sidewalls.
It sucks!

When my German Shepherd goes crazy in the middle of the night I instinctively reach for my Glock to investigate why she is in survival mode and begging to be let outside. I let her out to sniff out any trouble that is bothering her.

to the OP, sounds like you guys are used to feeling secure. best kind of target, those that don't really lock up their stuff. not blaming you, just saying thats the way it goes.
township next door, lots of people don't lock their cars (really? all you have to do is hit a button!)and every now and then there is a report of a 'crime spree' in the neighborhood. last time, it was a chief of police's SON!
guy I work with was upset when his ipod was stolen out of his car; he doesn't lock his car either, thinks he doesn't live in that 'kind' of neighborhood...
funny, I DO live in that kind of neighborhood, see drug deals all the time, projects and section 8 housing all close by, but homes don't get broken into around here. the only crime is between dirtbags usually.

Originally Posted By: Trav
We have had tire slashers for over a year now.
My next door neighbor is the chief of police and they stole the police radio and computer out of the unmarked as well as slashing his tires twice at home.
So far i am over 2 grand down with just pin holes from a knife blade tip through the sidewalls.
It sucks!

Why would they slash tires? Thieves don't usually do that

there is really no safe neighborhoods anymore, wake up and smell the coffee. Yes some neighborhoods are somewhat less prone to breakends, but its a meth and drug world now. Even in Cookeville tn, breakends are rampant now and 30 years ago , it was a peaceful place so to speak, IMHO.

There's a nutjob lighting fires within a certain pretty small diameter out here on abandoned buildings and garages.

My state castle law won't let you shoot someone trying to burgle your property, but arson... have at it!

Burglaries are way up around here as well. Thieves are stealing anything of value. Foreclosed houses are getting stripped of their copper and HVAC. Thieves are the lowest form of life IMO. Real scumbags.

Set a TRAP, leave something real nice in the back of a pick-up and wait in the dark with Shotgun
cool.gif

cameras see everything problem is if it is a minor crime they dont want to be bothered in some cases...and if its a private camera people sometimes dont want to get involved

Originally Posted By: Burt
sounds like you ought to be able to get some finger prints.

If it's anything like my area, the police department won't even bother short of armed robbery.

I'm tellin you guys, it's beginning to be a free for all. We've had a string of burglaries in my neighborhood as well. Turned out to be some punk kids I always was suspicious of. I notice cars cruising through my neighborhood during the night that don't belong.

Stay safe out there and remember no one but YOU can protect yourself, your family, and your property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back