Dog Breeding - "Business" - rules and regs

Everyone has some useful advice. Would it be possible to build a 6 ft solid fence to block the line of site over to their kennel?
Not really. But 3 years ago the I started my tree farm back there. Was cleared in 2013, now some of my trees are over my head.

I mean a solid fence is a good idea, but just a long stretch. Expensive.

There isn't a scummier/scam business in existence than dog breeders/sellers. I have lost count of how many diseased, short lived, suffering animals I have observed over the years that come from a "GREAT" breeder. There are zero great breeders. How many times can you repeatedly mate direct relatives without consequence?

There isn't a scummier/scam business in existence than dog breeders/sellers. I have lost count of how many diseased, short lived, suffering animals I have observed over the years that come from a "GREAT" breeder. There are zero great breeders. How many times can you repeatedly mate direct relatives without consequence?
These people are indeed incompetent

They aren’t exactly trying to scam people, I can see that. They are truly….lame

English royalty tried it. You get six fingers, etc.

Then you have to build the Disappointments Room, which apparently was a real thing. My wife keeps pushing for a remodel with such a room and suggesting how comfortable I'd be in there....hmmmmmm

The people of Alabama appear to look ok. hehe

I have zero complaints about both of our previous breeder experiences as you could tell they both loved their dogs.

In the perfect world, shelters shouldn’t exist. A good ethical breeder should be how we get pets.

I have zero complaints about both of our previous breeder experiences as you could tell they both loved their dogs.

In the perfect world, shelters shouldn’t exist. A good ethical breeder should be how we get pets.
Sounds like you have been lucky. What are the odds? 1:1,000,000 maybe 1:10,000,000 higher? I would propose for every dog breeder out there that insures continuous fresh bloodlines in their stock, there are absolutely thousands that don't. Eugenics is a very unhealthy proposition. The fact is, mixed lineage breeds are healthier and longer lived than thoroughbreds in the dog world. As noted earlier with human royalty not too long ago, bad stuff happens.

Back