Hampton Inn, Sav GA airport, theft of all my belongings

It wouldn’t surprise me this has been happening for some time and hotel manager is the ringleader.

Hopefully one employee cracks under Police questioning , gives up the scam and names employees involved.

Once the Po Po starts the questions, people start sweating.👮‍♂️👮‍♀️

A hotel without cameras in the halls? Hall camera should show Cujets personal items walking out the door.

The Nick Graham ones are unique and fit me well. So those are the ones I purchase. They have pictures of the mars lander, and galaxy exploration. $25 each. Unfortunately, the thieves got my favorite ones. With the Saturn V, Mars lander, Aliens, etc.

Underwear with a Saturn V rocket on them? There's a darn good joke there somewhere.. 🚀;)

Sorry about your problem. Doesn't sound like a thing you could have done.

A hotel without cameras in the halls? Hall camera should show Cujets personal items walking out the door.
I'm not a security pro by any means but critical cameras should be backed up off-site with no way of the local manager destroying the hard drives. Of course with an inside job the actors will know the blind spots.

I'm not a security pro by any means but critical cameras should be backed up off-site with no way of the local manager destroying the hard drives. Of course with an inside job the actors will know the blind spots.

That there is called utopia. In real life that is a rare occurrence. A hotel like mentioned would most often be onsite. What's worse, corporate will have to approve the release of any video or LE will have to get a court order. It always amazed me when a bank would refuse video or documents without a court order, and this is when their customer is the victim and supports the case being investigated.

Terrible. Seems today can't trust anybody and nowhere is safe. Wasn't always like that. Years ago I was visiting Hong Kong. Bought some nice jewelry for my wife. Forgot and left it in the hotel when I checked out. Hours later I discovered my mistake and went back to the hotel not expecting to get it back. The very pretty and helpful Chinese clerk at the front desk opened the hotel safe and gave me my jewelry. Should have offered to take her to dinner.

1639967130203.jpg

I was gobsmacked.

Wow, never thought to worry about my old guy clothes, toothbrush etc. in a hotel room. Thought I was good if I took my wallet, car keys and iphone with me. I guess not anymore.

Hope you get compensation from the hotel, and that the crooks get locked up.
Yeah - I work out of hotels many days - I do have laptop, 4 devices/chargers, wallet, Rx meds, passport etc with me at all times - but there are many other things I count on being there when ‘home’ (rotary shaver, clothes etc )

Savannah Georgia?

Man. Forrest Gump really didn't film his movie in a nice area.

They stole your stuff.. I once had an inside theft of a paycheck at somewhere I worked, the week after I was able to speak with someone at the bank they used, it was reprinted and reissued for me. They didn't want to cooperate at all and it took some doing. That was in the South too...
What does in the south imply … crime is out of control nationwide - smash n grabs in broad daylight - no problem if not above $—— …

What does in the south imply … crime is out of control nationwide - smash n grabs in broad daylight - no problem if not above $—— …
Crime out of control nationwide is a recent thing... dont get all hung up on it, some areas are just horrible maybe your experiences are different for me I am not surprised by what I am reading.

If the investigation goes nowhere, I would threaten talking to the media.
I would already be all over Facebook hammering this place. The Trip Advisor website is a place to write a review.

schwinney said:
Savannah Georgia?

“Man. Forrest Gump really didn't film his movie in a nice area.

They stole your stuff.. I once had an inside theft of a paycheck at somewhere I worked, the week after I was able to speak with someone at the bank they used, it was reprinted and reissued for me. They didn't want to cooperate at all and it took some doing. That was in the South too.”

Being that Savannah is in the south has nothing to do with the problem. It’s a culture problem and failure of the justice system.

I decided to look up the Yelp reviews for that location, but strangely there aren't any. No listing. Most likely the place has been re-branded recently which probably isn't a good sign.

I was going to write about a different hotel issue I had, but didn't want to appear to be piling on the perceived "South" bashing, so that will have to be for another time.

Oh - wow man … now I see …
Hey man I was actually going to DM you to apologize, I garner you're originally from what I refer to as "The South" and perhaps that sounded a bit insensitive. I was in Florida for a time. Not sure if you are, but I can't imagine someone from Florida would take kindly to my comment.

I've dealt with some things I would rather forget, including some very, very opportunistic individuals that were not on the up-and-up, still.. I apologize.

Someone is running a racket at that hotel. I’ll bet that law enforcement is aware of it and are uninterested or getting their cut. Savanna, GA is one place I hate to visit.
I just want to say that, this post, and while I would agree with it, is seemingly contradictory to your Post #33 sir.

I would already be all over Facebook hammering this place. The Trip Advisor website is a place to write a review.

schwinney said:
Savannah Georgia?

“Man. Forrest Gump really didn't film his movie in a nice area.

They stole your stuff.. I once had an inside theft of a paycheck at somewhere I worked, the week after I was able to speak with someone at the bank they used, it was reprinted and reissued for me. They didn't want to cooperate at all and it took some doing. That was in the South too.”

Being that Savannah is in the south has nothing to do with the problem. It’s a culture problem and failure of the justice system.

I understand your frustration. In the 90’s I had a BRAND NEW Columbia winter coat disappear out of my hotel room. The hotel wouldn’t do a thing. I just had to live with it. Still gets me angry to this day. Short of an actual robber breaking into my room it had to be staff. 2 shirts vanished as well. It sucks. I had the coat hung in the closet. Packing up to check out after 3 nights I realize my coat is gone. Never used due to warm weather.

Back