Hampton Inn, Sav GA airport, theft of all my belongings

My wife had her wedding ring stolen by the cleaning lady at a Hampton Inn in WI. Cops were called, yada, yada, yada.
Couple days later, pawn store calls cops, says this woman is here trying to pawn a ring that "clearly doesn't belong to her". Cop goes to pawn store, woman is leaving because she was getting nervous why it was taking so long. She see's cop pull in, she throws ring into a snowbank. Luckily, cops see's her does this and arrests her and recovers the ring.

Wife got her ring back, and tbh I dont know what happened to the thief. Obviously she lost her job, and the courts or DA sent us notice of her court dates. But we didnt go, it was 3 hours from home and frankly didnt care enough to go. Probably got some community service.....

Thanks for the responses. Here is my plan:

Purchase exact replacements
Notify Flight Safety to not send clients there
Notify Gulfstream to not send customers there
Email Hilton and demand payment.
Follow up with the Airport Police.
Have your employer's travel department contact their Hilton account rep or see if you can get the rep's contact through them. FS probably swings a fair amount of weight w/ the various hotel chains. Assuming you work for FS, if it is Gulfstream, see if you can get through to GD's travel ops folks. Good luck.

Have your employer's travel department contact their Hilton account rep or see if you can get the rep's contact through them. FS probably swings a fair amount of weight w/ the various hotel chains. Assuming you work for FS, if it is Gulfstream, see if you can get through to GD's travel ops folks. Good luck.

I'm the boss. There is nobody but the chief pilot to discuss this with.

I've contacted Flight Safety and Gulfstream, along with the two hospitality companies they use. This hotel is now "off limits" and customers will be strongly discouraged from staying there.

If I did not mention it above, the manager slipped up and admitted that hotel staff was involved. He then said "it did not matter" as GA law holds hotels harmless and that they do not have to replace my belongings.

I've been able to source most things, and I've put them on the company card. The items cost a bit more than I thought, I guess due to inflation.

I'm the boss. There is nobody but the chief pilot to discuss this with.

I've contacted Flight Safety and Gulfstream, along with the two hospitality companies they use. This hotel is now "off limits" and customers will be strongly discouraged from staying there.

If I did not mention it above, the manager slipped up and admitted that hotel staff was involved. He then said "it did not matter" as GA law holds hotels harmless and that they do not have to replace my belongings.

I've been able to source most things, and I've put them on the company card. The items cost a bit more than I thought, I guess due to inflation.
Hi, for some reason I thought you also instructed for FS... Good for FS and Gulfstream, that should get some attention.

in 1993 I went out to visit an friend in Tampa and we went to Disney World for the week end with the families and we had all our stuff stolen from the Van. I hate thieves more that most anything. Worst stuff has happened in my life though.

Now days the best way to complain-to, and get satisfaction from, big companies in the retail sector (like Hilton) is to tell your story on anti-social media. You might be surprised at how fast they respond to complaints made on their Facebook and Twitter pages. If it were me, I would dump that hotel Manager right in the grease. If they don't respond, keep after them.

I start thinking about what I've noticed. In the AM, I did notice a middle aged couple, that had a lot of mismatched luggage on the cart. An empty cooler fell off while I was walking by. Thinking about it now, something was odd about the way the luggage was stacked and that the cooler was on the top. But they looked pleasant, smiled at me and I went on my way.
I've watched Dirty Dancing enough times to be wary of everyone, especially sweet old couples that smile.

Hope you get satisfaction. It's interesting that they hit multiple rooms on the same day. I don't leave valuables in a hotel room except in Vegas where we figure large amounts of cash are safer in the room than on our persons galivanting around town.

Here in Mayfield KY, Where the big tornado went through on the 10th of December, they caught 5 guys stealing copper and vehicles and electroincs from destroyed homes. Bottom feeders.

Very sick and demented.

After Hurricane Andrew in 1992 everywhere I went there were “Looters Will Be Shot” signs.

Thanks for the responses. Here is my plan:

Purchase exact replacements
Notify Flight Safety to not send clients there
Notify Gulfstream to not send customers there
Email Hilton and demand payment.
Follow up with the Airport Police.
Of course inside job. My first new Chevelle with only 300 miles was dropped at Dealership to fix some paint dings I accepted it with. Friday as planned I get a ride to drive it home.... "Sorry, Sam. We can not locate your Chevelle!?" Well they dropped the price of the last one they had by 1/3 off sticker and I took another one home. Five years later the state police tell me they located parts of it, got the junk yard guy to sing and it was all set up by a Dealership employee.

The Nick Graham ones are unique and fit me well. So those are the ones I purchase. They have pictures of the mars lander, and galaxy exploration. $25 each. Unfortunately, the thieves got my favorite ones. With the Saturn V, Mars lander, Aliens, etc. They are not currently available. Ugh.
aace4098250b102d94d7001438c0f03b.gif

You're packin heat on a business trip? Don't you have to have a permit in each state you visit?
I roll heavy anywhere I can do so legally. I've had a few incidents in my travels, including one highway issue leaving Savannah, GA more than a year ago. The FL carry permit is honored in GA.

Just a quick update. No satisfaction of any kind from the hotel in question or Hilton corporate, despite a very nice set of responses in an email chain. However, FlightSafety did contact me a few days ago and is using their legal team to pressure Hilton to reimburse me. I can't predict what Hilton will do, as FS does have many thousands of customers staying in hotels every year.

I am getting some heat at work (they are questioning the expenses), as I used the company card to replace my missing clothes. I was on a business trip and I feel I am not responsible for the losses.

Back